Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

15 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

For those wondering, WandaVision is now almost as strong as The Mandalorian at the same period according to Parrot Analytics, at least in the US, but it's been reported in the past that the show was stronger in other countries such as Brazil, France and Germany so maybe it beat Mandalorian there, who knows (Brazil = 100% sure).

parrot-analytics-digital-originals-jan31

Fullbuster! Good to see you around 😁  

Very impressive for Wandavision after the slow start, being about 95% of Mando in US should mean ahead by a pretty good margin Worldwide.    

Let’s get up above 90x though at least by the finale :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

Wow! Clone Wars is doing crazy good. Is Cobra Kai really that good?

Anyway, as far as the IMDB goes, I think WandaVision is overrated. It's a B/B+ show for me so far which isn't bad, but I don't feel this is on par with Marvel Studio's best nor is it as good as The Mandalorian. However, seeing how this seems to be a mini-series, we will have to see how the remaining episodes play out. I'm grateful actually that this will probably be a one and done. I think it's obnoxious how many shows go on past their expirations just because. 

Titans viewership is also very impressive considering it's on HBOmax

There's a reason WandaVision gets so much hype, it wouldn't do that well f it wasoverrated.

This series is really unique, tries to do something else from the typical MCU stuff and that's why many people who were bored of the usual MCU formula are giving it a chance, I didn't watch a single live action TV show since 2015 (apart from episode 1 of Mandalorian, I'll see the rest soon) and not a single Marvel/comicbook show/movie since Infinity War in 2018 => WandaVision reignited my flame for the MCU and some interests for TV shows depending on quality and concept so for me it's a very special show, the best I've seen in a very long time.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Wait a minute, “same period” as in “4th week of release” or “the first week of Feb?” Latter is kind of pathetic if it’s behind a show that ended like two months ago...

I think it’s the latter, I was reading about it today and was kinda shocked to see it behind mandolorian.

https://www.parrotanalytics.com/insights/tv-series-demand-across-all-television-platforms-for-the-us-31-january-6-february-2021/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

For those wondering, WandaVision is now almost as strong as The Mandalorian at the same period according to Parrot Analytics, at least in the US, but it's been reported in the past that the show was stronger in other countries such as Brazil, France and Germany so maybe it beat Mandalorian there, who knows (Brazil = 100% sure).

parrot-analytics-digital-originals-jan31

9 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Wait a minute, “same period” as in “4th week of release” or “the first week of Feb?” Latter is kind of pathetic if it’s behind a show that ended like two months ago...

Parrot Analytics is good for measuring social media buzz but not necessarily viewership.

That said I am surprised Mando is ahead of WandaVision in early February (even if it is just in the US)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

4th week of release of course.

And by the way, I kept that for my Twitter account till now but last week WandaVision was in the toptrends in Japan and Indonesia 3 hours after it's been out, something that didn't happen the previous weeks and that's another proof of growing global popularity in my eyes, particularly Japan where Marvel isn't a big as elsewhere.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I think it’s the latter, I was reading about it today and was kinda shocked to see it behind mandolorian.

https://www.parrotanalytics.com/insights/tv-series-demand-across-all-television-platforms-for-the-us-31-january-6-february-2021/

Not possible, the trends on Disney+ constantly show Mandalorian and Clone Wars behind WandaVision, it's definitely a week-by-week comparison, only way this makes sense with other data we have, otherwise it's bogus.

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Not possible, the trends on Disney+ constantly show Mandalorian and Clone Wars behind WandaVision, it's definitely a week-by-week comparison, only way this makes sense with other data we have, otherwise it's bogus.

That’s not what the article says but I’m not claiming to know much about this stuff.

5 minutes ago, cax16 said:

That’s not what the article says but I’m not claiming to know much about this stuff.

It's possible you're right but as said in my previous post it means Parrot isn't a credible way to assess the popularity of a show, and if it's based on social media then the method is also bad because I barely saw talks of Ma,dalorian and Cobra Kai on Twitter this month, instead we got a strong domination of WandaVision when it comes to TV shows hype / buzz.

I regret putting this here given it doesn't mean what I thought it meant ^^"

Wanda Vision is ahead of Mando S1 demand in the US than the average series (again not viewership and had more competition with The Witcher)

Mando S1 was 31.9x more demand than the average series 

source: 

Although Mando S2 I can't find any week 4 data but pre launch it had more demand than Wanda has right now so unlikely (this data also looks US only due to the 2019 trend line)

source:

EoMGeM5VoAEnjUc?format=jpg&name=medium

Just want to reaffirm this is demand (from my understanding largely driven by social media response) not viewership

• Like 3

Parrot Analytics is a bunch of hogwash IMO. Most of their findings is based around social media posts, online searches, torrents/downloads, and a whole bunch of other weird metrics to determine how "in-demand" something is. It says nothing about raw viewership or ratings, and these "in-demand" lists are hit by fanboy-driven shows with huge online fandoms, because those are much more linked to popular brands that people stan for. I will forever be baffled people, including journalists, taking this seriously.

Nielsen's methodology is also far from perfect, but their way of doing it is arguably the best. It tallies the actual minutes watched and gives a much better indication on what people are actually watching and what is actually popular with people.

• Like 8

Parrot can be interesting but never sure how much stock to really put in it.   

We should get some Nielsen fro the premier soon. Still imperfect but more reliable apples to apples comparison in my book.

Edit: Lol, took a while between started this post and finishing, completely sniped by @Eric Gardner

Edited by WandaLegion
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WandaLegion said:

Parrot can be interesting but never sure how much stock to really put in it.   

We should get some Nielsen fro the premier soon. Still imperfect but more reliable apples to apples comparison in my book.

Still going to be tricky as measuring minutes and Wanda episodes have been shorter than Mando. Also US only and I feel Wanda has done much better than Mando internationally (but unfortunately we don't have a reliable source that provides that kind of WW data outside of Disney saying as much themselves which is high improbable given that we haven't had any hard data from them for any of their shows)

But yeah I agree that Nielsen will give us a better picture than Parrot for sure.

• Like 1

Google Trends has WandaVision's first 4 episodes close to matching the first 4 episodes of Mando S2 at the same point, and has WandaVision far ahead of Mando currently. I suspect WandaVision is actually well behind in viewership, simply because the MCU tends to be more online-heavy and trend more, but I wonder how Parrot is getting its "demand expressions" for Mando to be currently ahead of WandaVision, bc that seems incredibly unlikely right now. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Menor said:

Google Trends has WandaVision's first 4 episodes close to matching the first 4 episodes of Mando S2 at the same point, and has WandaVision far ahead of Mando currently. I suspect WandaVision is actually well behind in viewership, simply because the MCU tends to be more online-heavy and trend more, but I wonder how Parrot is getting its "demand expressions" for Mando to be currently ahead of WandaVision, bc that seems incredibly unlikely right now. 

Only in US. In India Wandavision will destroy Mando in viewership. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

why is Stranger Things in demand all of sudden? 

once again some BS third party data.

In Google Trends in US, WV is matching Mando S02 all but Finale.

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ssl.gstatic.com/trends_nrtr/2431_RC04/embed_loader.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> trends.embed.renderExploreWidget("TIMESERIES", {"comparisonItem":[{"keyword":"/g/11h4v6h9f5","geo":"US","time":"today 3-m"},{"keyword":"/g/11fd6dg0by","geo":"US","time":"today 3-m"}],"category":0,"property":""}, {"exploreQuery":"date=today%203-m&geo=US&q=%2Fg%2F11h4v6h9f5,%2Fg%2F11fd6dg0by","guestPath":"https://trends.google.com:443/trends/embed/"}); </script> 

Usually I would say MCU gets a huge internet media traffic so could be those driving it, but then competition is Star Wars in US, so I guess both will be same-ish.

Edited by jatvision
  • Like 1

for some reason India and Worldwide aren't embedded. So gonna share links.

India - https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 3-m&geo=IN&q=%2Fg%2F11h4v6h9f5,%2Fg%2F11fd6dg0by

Worldwide - 

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 3-m&q=%2Fg%2F11h4v6h9f5,%2Fg%2F11fd6dg0by

Edited by jatvision
  • Like 1