Eric Lasagna

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

8 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Yeah and I’m buying this X-Men: Hellfire Gala issue too. Not even Jonathan Hickman was able to make me buy physical comics again. But getting Kamala as a mutant will do it.

I don't hate this.

18 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Is this supposed to be canon to the MCU?

I mean, Iman has a famous disagreement with Kevin Feige over the whole Earth-616 denomination lol. She says that Marvel Comics is Earth-616, while the MCU is Earth-19999. So to answer your question, no. You can count as Kamala making her own fanfic into reality in Earth-616 tho.

And I actually love how this is a mini instead of an ongoing. Iman will obviously not be able to write this forever. I want to own all these comics, and I’m pretty sure that I’m not the only one. Crazy smart cross marketing for both the film and the source material, Marvel should do more of that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Is this supposed to be canon to the MCU?

It might inspire Ms. Marvel's future as a mutant in the MCU

It's so WILD that Marvel's most only popular Inhuman is going to be a mutant on screen and be retconned into a mutant in the comics. Just 5-7 years back, Marvel Comics was doing its best to bury the mutants and prop up the Inhumans instead.

6 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

It might inspire Ms. Marvel's future as a mutant in the MCU

It's so WILD that Marvel's most only popular Inhuman is going to be a mutant on screen and be retconned into a mutant in the comics. Just 5-7 years back, Marvel Comics was doing its best to bury the mutants and prop up the Inhumans instead.

I mean, Namor is a mutant and an Atlantean. We have Skrulls, Krees, Sh’iars and even Broods that carry the X gene as well. Kamala is a mutant and an Inhuman, and it’s what the character always deserved. She is part of one of the best and most epic parts of the Marvel Universe.

Edited by ZattMurdock

3 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Just 5-7 years back, Marvel Comics was doing its best to bury the mutants and prop up the Inhumans instead.

I'm sure you know but for others who don't, the reason for this is because Disney didn't have the rights to the X-Men (for films/TV) and they never expected to get them back so since they did control the comics, they started to bury the X-Men there and build up the Inhumans so they could inevitably bring the Inhumans into the MCU as their quasi X-Men team. 

Then Disney bought the rights back through Fox and they were like, "Yea fuck those things we got the real deal now. Reverse course!"

• Like 1

Well, Marvel Studios is not fucking around when it comes to promoting The Marvels.

Also, I want this approach to ALL the Marvel Studios series. Sell the tv rights overseas too, these series can work as entry points for both Disney+ and more Marvel Studios films. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Well, Marvel Studios is not fucking around when it comes to promoting The Marvels.

Also, I want this approach to ALL the Marvel Studios series. Sell the tv rights overseas too, these series can work as entry points for both Disney+ and more Marvel Studios films. 

6 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I don't know...if they were really interested in promoting it, wouldn't they air the show on a better night, instead of two Saturday nights during the summer? Considering they're obviously going to need product thanks to the strike, it seems like they could have aired it in the fall on a weeknight when more people might be watching TV. This seems bizarre.

On 7/13/2023 at 7:04 PM, SpiderByte said:

Why would The Marvels be affected by the strike? Filming is done.

A few days old, but ADR and pickups occur after the main shoot is done.   '

ADR can still be covered by scabs/voice technology (and wouldn't that open up a can of worms), but pickups or even more extensive reshoots, not so much.

It looks like they've attached The Marvels trailer with Haunted Mansion and not Barbie. Another proof that they're sabotaging this movie
1. Releasing the movie in a crowded November between Dune 2 and The Hunger Games
2. Dropping Loki's finale the same day as the movie is releasing; when MCU fans already get more hyped MCU content for the weekend, why would they go to theatres to watch another?
3. And now instead of running the trailer with Barbie, they will run the trailer with Haunted Mansion, which nobody is going to watch. Lol what a great marketing strategy

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Willowra said:

It looks like they've attached The Marvels trailer with Haunted Mansion and not Barbie. Another proof that they're sabotaging this movie
1. Releasing the movie in a crowded November between Dune 2 and The Hunger Games
2. Dropping Loki's finale the same day as the movie is releasing; when MCU fans already get more hyped MCU content for the weekend, why would they go to theatres to watch another?
3. And now instead of running the trailer with Barbie, they will run the trailer with Haunted Mansion, which nobody is going to watch. Lol what a great marketing strategy

On the second point, this is not the first time they've done this. Moon Knight's finale dropped the same week as MoM, and Ms. Marvel's finale dropped the same week as TLAT. And considering Ahsoka is dropping two episodes to start off with, I would not shocked if Loki does the same thing as well (though it's likely not).

And on the third point, The Marvels is probably getting attached Haunted Mansion cause it's a Disney property and they don't tend to drop trailers with films from other companies.

11 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

On the second point, this is not the first time they've done this. Moon Knight's finale dropped the same week as MoM, and Ms. Marvel's finale dropped the same week as TLAT. And considering Ahsoka is dropping two episodes to start off with, I would not shocked if Loki does the same thing as well (though it's likely not).

And on the third point, The Marvels is probably getting attached Haunted Mansion cause it's a Disney property and they don't tend to drop trailers with films from other companies.

1. Moonknight and Ms. Marvel were released on Wednesday, not Friday. 50% of people had already watched the finale on Wednesday and Thursday before the movie was released on Friday.
2. Less hyped shows and movies can't negatively impact more hyped shows and movies. MoonKnight and Ms. Marvel were less hyped things at that time, so they couldn't impact the box office of MoM or L&T but Loki would definitely impact The Marvels box office.

4 hours ago, Willowra said:

Very less likely to play with Barbie

The marvels Trailer has been attached to Haunted Mansion but it could still play before that as some other sources said.

‘Sabotaging’ LMAO.

Which reminds me, the use of Beastie Boys song Intergalactic here is *chef kiss*: