Eric Prime

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

10 hours ago, Willowra said:

Unless Loki Finale moves up a week, this would stick to its date

Oh my fucking god, it will have zero effect.

And to be clear, you have now gone from saying "Loki finale being the same day will hurt the movie" to the completely opposite but equally ridiculous take of "if the finale isn't the same day it'll hurt the movie"

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Oh my fucking god, it will have zero effect.

And to be clear, you have now gone from saying "Loki finale being the same day will hurt the movie" to the completely opposite but equally ridiculous take of "if the finale isn't the same day it'll hurt the movie"

It will have zero effect or will have some effect that's only tracking could tell; but you're pretending like you already know what's going to happen & that's more ridiculous. I'm just speculating & assuming here that The Marvels might be connected to Avengers storyline through Loki show and that's because The Marvels executive producer said that the movie could be connected to KD & SW  

Edited by Willowra

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

This would be wise to move up to 11/3 now to enjoy a solid two weeks before Hunger Games takes over all the large screens. That or Trolls should move up to that weekend for more breathing room from Wish.

I think it would make sense for Trolls to move to the empty weekend now. 

8 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Wakanda Forever stayed put in the second weekend of November, despite the first weekend being empty.

Well, that had no competition the weekend before Thanksgiving. It would be wise to give The Marvels some space from Songbirds and Snakes and Disney's own Wish.

23 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Well, that had no competition the weekend before Thanksgiving. It would be wise to give The Marvels some space from Songbirds and Snakes and Disney's own Wish.

Disney had Strange World last Thanksgiving too. I think logistics sometimes just doesn't allow a major tentpole to be moved up by even a week. And this is assuming Deadpool 3 doesn't get delayed, making Disney push Marvels to May. Let's see.

19 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Disney had Strange World last Thanksgiving too. I think logistics sometimes just doesn't allow a major tentpole to be moved up by even a week. And this is assuming Deadpool 3 doesn't get delayed, making Disney push Marvels to May. Let's see.

Deadpool getting delayed wouldn't move The Marvels back by six months. Much more likely is Deadpool moves to August and then Cap 4 moves back up to May.

• Like 1

This is the one movie that seems especially adamant about keeping its date, strike or no strike, since it's the default most high-profile movie of a November that is more packed than the limp slate from last year (The Menu ended up the biggest non-Marvel title of the month) even with Dune now gone. Either one of this, Hunger Games, or Trolls would be wise to jump on that date now to start the official commencement of the holiday movie season with a notable opening weekend.

38 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Deadpool getting delayed wouldn't move The Marvels back by six months. Much more likely is Deadpool moves to August and then Cap 4 moves back up to May.

Wasn't Cap 4 delayed because it's even less ready than Deadpool 3? It's getting pushed to Presidential Election Week in November  if Marvels and D3 are delayed 

12i7ao.gif

Edited by Spidey Freak

3 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Wasn't Cap 4 delayed because it's even less ready than Deadpool 3? It's getting pushed to Presidential Election Week in November  if Marvels and D3 are delayed 

12i7ao.gif

No, Cap 4 finished shooting (but didn't get to Marvel's standard reshoots) and Deadpool 3 shut down mid-shoot. Cap 4 has to be closer to being ready. DP3 got the May slot because Marvel/Disney probably (and rightly) believe it'll be the bigger hit.

Edited by ZeroHour

14 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

12i7ao.gif

It's the only one that's finished principal photography. Deadpool hasn't. Not crazy to think it's gonna go first.

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Yea and Strange World bombed. Now, they can always do a better job markering Wish and maybe the two can co-exist, but moving Marvels up a week is fonna make it a little easier for both.

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Deadpool 3 not moving to Christmas would be a massive miss by Disney imo. Imagine an MoM level opening with the Christmas season juicing legs. 

32 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

The actors in this must be so happy they don’t have to do promo. I can’t imagine how boring it is giving that many interviews on a superhero movie. 

Obviously, I'm not an actor and can't speak to what it's like on these press tours, but I don't know how it's not boring for every single movie.  You're being asked the same questions over and over and over to dozens of journalists.  I don't know what 'kind' of movie would make that experience more enjoyable.

• Like 1