Eric S'ennui

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

Honestly, I wouldn’t call it a dumpster fire, but rather a bore. There was a stretch there of like 10 pages or something where the same discussions were had over and over again, crazy how we all like to repeat ourselves.

Ps: “If it is boring why don’t you stay away?”. Yeah…. I don’t have a good answer to that. Maybe because there is some good stuff in it too and I really want this movie to be fun? idk 

This all the way. 

• Like 1

With the strike still ongoing, how does that impact the rumor that this movie still has a lot of unfinished ADR? Doesn’t seem like the movie will be delayed, but does that mean it’s gonna have an unfinished aspect to it, ala Flash CGI? 

7 minutes ago, Squire said:

With the strike still ongoing, how does that impact the rumor that this movie still has a lot of unfinished ADR? Doesn’t seem like the movie will be delayed, but does that mean it’s gonna have an unfinished aspect to it, ala Flash CGI? 

Or why does Brie Larson sound like somebody a imitation of her in some scenes.  because it is. LOL . Could be interesting. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Really? Is that a thing in the latest trailer?

Not that i noticed. I was just joking. If they had ADR to do to finish this movie but don;t have the actors to do it what is the result. The movie is coming out on Nov 10th whether the strike is over or not.  So they must be happy with the finished product not feeling unfinished. Will see. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Before all hell breaks loose on Tuesday, I'll estimate early tracking at $10.5M previews 

I’m so curious about the tracking comps of Quantumania and GOG3. My guess is that it’ll fall somewhere in the middle at first

31 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I’m so curious about the tracking comps of Quantumania and GOG3. My guess is that it’ll fall somewhere in the middle at first

For my tracking, anything over 2.5k seats sold in the first 12ish hours is a really great start. Anything under 2k seats would be bad. Just something to watch for on Tuesday 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

That wouldn't be great. The first Captain Marvel pulled $20.7m. The same IM as that would get it to $78m.

This is not coming close to that movies BO performance and that should not be the bar for success. This is what is going to make this thread so insufferable come Nov 10th and after.  Marvel is not in the same place it was 4 years ago. The Marvels is not riding the post infinity pre endgame wave Captain Marvel was. Can we all concede that and not treat it as doom for the MCU. 90 million opening 250 finish  with 650-700 WW is not even close to being a disaster 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

This is not coming close to that movies BO performance and that should not be the bar for success. This is what is going to make this thread so insufferable come Nov 10th and after.  Marvel is not in the same place it was 4 years ago. The Marvels is not riding the post infinity pre endgame wave Captain Marvel was. Can we all concede that and not treat it as doom for the MCU. 90 million opening 250 finish  with 650-700 WW is not even close to being a disaster 

IMO, 650-700 is not a disaster, but it is a disappointment. The first movie made $1.13 billion WW, which is more than any Thor, Doctor Strange, or Guardians movie ever made. If this movie doesn’t at least come close to Thor 3, it’s a disappointment. Anything less than 650 (maybe more like 600) WW is a disaster. 

29 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Many people seem to be in denial of that reality though. Back in the day, fanboy wars used to be mainly between Marvel and DC fans. Nowadays it's between CBM fatigue believers and those who are in denial of that reality and pretending like it's still 2019.

Personally, though, I don't think this thread is insufferable at all. This is just a normal movie thread, mostly consisting of people posting TV spots/other promotions of the movie, people making predictions on the movie, and people speculating how the strike will affect its promotion.

Honestly the constant "this thread is so toxic and insufferable and unreadable" posts many on here is perhaps the most repetitive thing on here.

Like, if you think this thread is such a dumpster fire, then just...leave. I don't know what else to say. Presumably, no one is forcing you to log on here every day and complain about this thread.

• Like 4