Eric is Anxious

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

51 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

@Relevation, alright, pre-tracking, are you still high on The Marvels $120m OW? Roughly the same as GOTG 3 and ATSV?

I don’t really expect sales to emulate that of a $120M+ opener, but I think it’ll end up around there as long as reception is good. Sales will be stifled for the first week because of Taylor Swift momentum sucking up a ton of air, like how Mario opening so huge sucked some of the air out for Guardians 3

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Relevation said:

I don’t really expect sales to emulate that of a $120M+ opener, but I think it’ll end up around there as long as reception is good. Sales will be stifled for the first week because of Taylor Swift momentum sucking up a ton of air, like how Mario opening so huge sucked some of the air out for Guardians 3

I don't see this opening on par with GOTG 3. . .I'm thinking like $90M for now but I would like for $120M+ to happen

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

All hell b reaking lose in the Mideast, is not good for a movie with a Muslim Heroine.

I’m sorry, are you saying Kamala Khan being one of the leads is going to cause this movie to underperform because of the conflict between Israel and Palestine? 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m sorry, are you saying Kamala Khan being one of the leads is going to cause this movie to underperform because of the conflict between Israel and Palestine? 

Yeah that's exactly what he just implied. We really don;t need that kind of shit right now. 

• Like 1

There are no movies post-pandemic between $240m and $290m DOM. If you look at pre-pandemic (2016-2019), Illumination movies (Grinch, DM3, Sing) and Moana are the only movies to fall in this range.

I believe Marvels will fall under this range, as it seems only animated movies usually fall into it, and I am highly doubtful it can do >$290m DOM, as that would require an OW bigger than Quantumania, which was a Kang vehicle.

14 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

The whole operation is spiralling downwards. Very Soon, we may only see one Marvel / DC movie a year.  

That would be a great thing. Back in the 2000s, when only one or two Marvel / DC movies were put out a year, the quality was much higher.

Raimi's Spider-Man 1 & 2,  Nolan's first 2 Batman movies, even Iron Man and X2 and are better than most CBM released in the last 5 years by a healthy margin in my opinion. Only a few movies like Infinity War, The Batman, etc. come close to the level they used to be.

Nowadays they have dissolved into factory-made, generic, and overreliant on CGI. Even the just-okay movies look better in comparison because of that.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

11 hours ago, Bob Train said:

That would be a great thing. Back in the 2000s, when only one or two Marvel / DC movies were put out a year, the quality was much higher.

Wow, just...total abject lies. Not even a little bit true. The 2000s is the time of Catwoman, Elektra, Blade Trinity, Last Stand, X-Men Origins, Jonah Hex, Ghost Rider, Rise of the Silver Surfer, stuff like Nolans Batman were the exceptions, not the norm. I have no idea where you got this bullshit from.

People who think like Love and Thunder or Blue Beetle are the worst of all time did not have to suffer through fucking Barakapool, where the movies are made by people with active contempt for the source material.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2