Eric Lasagna

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

58 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Directors starting work on their next film during post production of their current film is common yes, Speilberg is a master of it but that article says she stopped working on the film full stop. That’s what is eyebrow raising. Paired with I think it was a article a while back that she said it wasn’t really her film..like what?  She’s washing her hands of the movie and for some reason isn’t doing any interviews about the movie she has coming out next weekend.

Is that confirmed?  The director, one of the 2 big people who CAN market this movie, will not be doing any media for this movie over the next 10 days?

10 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

What a shitty years for cm movies

except for Guardians

but this is not a surprise. People want something better than a solo movie in a 2023

Across the Spider-Verse is a work of art and should be nominated for best film, but it will easily win best animation. The Marvels isn’t out yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Is that confirmed?  The director, one of the 2 big people who CAN market this movie, will not be doing any media for this movie over the next 10 days?

I just posted the interview. That wasn’t what she said. Look at the previous page.

Tatiana Siegel does all kinds of hit pieces. I would argue she did one just last month, but we probably shouldn’t get into that here. 

Regardless, if what she implied about Nia DaCosta not being involved in post-production is true, then I’m not sure what to make of that. Obviously for most productions, the director just leaving during post would be troubling news, but this is a Marvel production. We all know that the directors seldom have much power over these films anyway.

I suppose that someone like James Gunn is an exception, but DaCosta has already been upfront about how this is Kevin Feige’s film. She’s just a person for hire. Perhaps the fact that she’s been upfront about this before the movie even comes out can be taken as a sign that she’s trying to distance herself from it,  so I guess that could be a point of concern. 

Edited by WittyUsername

15 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Because she is a nobody. She isn't going to get spots on talk shows or anything.

I don't know why some are assuming that a writer of an article basically taking the higher ups lines and printing them, suggests anything other than them probably doing this again. Clearly some lines coming from within Marvel to try to burn the connections with The Marvels and sell their future plans as the priority.

Could have just called it Captain Marvel 2. No acceptance this was an issue as far as I can see. They must have seen signs this was a mistake earlier in the year (unless they plan to burn this and make a future film CM2?).

21 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

People who have made the MCU their whole identity are in shambles right now. When Variety wrote articles about the DCU troubles every word was true but when it is about Marvel one time, none of it is true. Nothing to see here folks, shows over. 

My issue with these people has always been that the success of MCU is part of their identity. Not just enjoying the shows. I am a Doctor Who fan, all I want is more Doctor Who and I understand that success will jump up and down throughout the years.

The problem I think is MCU has so much content but actually its in a weird spot where its not got stuff for fans or general audiences. Its all a bit muddled (though fixable).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It’s not confirmed, she just hasn’t so far. You would think those efforts would have started by now if they were going to though. 

2 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

My issue with these people has always been that the success of MCU is part of their identity. Not just enjoying the shows. I am a Doctor Who fan, all I want is more Doctor Who and I understand that success will jump up and down throughout the years.

The problem I think is MCU has so much content but actually its in a weird spot where its not got stuff for fans or general audiences. Its all a bit muddled (though fixable).

Marvel movies have little to no artistic value. They are passable popcorn entertainment designed to print money. MCU fans always had the box office to defend their slop which made them very giddy. Now it has come back to bite them in the ass.

• Heart 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, nevermore said:

Marvel movies have little to no artistic value. They are passable popcorn entertainment designed to print money. MCU fans always had the box office to defend their slop which made them very giddy. Now it has come back to bite them in the ass.

So all those Black Panther Oscars no longer count?

Lok I get that all the anti-Marvel posters are giddy to get one over on the fans who enjoy them, both on this board and elsewhere, but come on now.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So all those Black Panther Oscars no longer count?

Lok I get that all the anti-Marvel posters are giddy to get one over on the fans who enjoy them, both on this board and elsewhere, but come on now.

33 movies and all you got is a costume design oscar? This is cinema.

Edited by nevermore
  • Thanks 1

I don't agree that all Marvel movies have no artistic value. Some of them do and some of them don't. I certainly don't believe that Captain Marvel or Ant-Man and Wasp have much artistic value but Black Panther and the Guardians of the Galaxy movies? I believe that those do have artistic value. Pop art is and always has been a thing and I love and respect it. I believe popcorn movies can have just as much artistic value as any other type of film. I'm not okay with pointless elitism. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2