The Wild Eric

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

2 hours ago, Willowra said:

65-67M total views in 24 hours across all platform. Very bad tbh

Based on twitter I thought it would be closer to 100M or maybe a bit higher tbh. I guess Instagram hurt it more than I thought. Anyone has the number or a guess on how Guardians and Ant-Man starteď? From what I found Guardians had 182M the first week but nothing of the first. Although using Transformers as a comp with 494M(7 days)/238M(first day) I guess 87M?

57 minutes ago, Willowra said:

They tried to mislead the audience with Eternals & failed, they tried to market Eternals as Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek & Richard Madden's movie. They are not marketing The Marvels as Ms marvel or Monica movie, Captain Marvel is at forefront & middle of the poster. And everyone knows The Marvels is Captain Marvel movie so it doesn't matter if she is less in the trailer.

That´s just not true. Eternals marketing was focused on the whole team and it was Gemma Chan that got the most. Even so Eternals failed because the movie was disliked heavily by audience and critics

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

That´s just not true. Eternals marketing was focused on the whole team and it was Gemma Chan that got the most. Even so Eternals failed because the movie was disliked heavily by audience and critics

See official posters of Eternals then.

30 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Partly because the first one was awful. Partly because it debuted day and date on HBO Max. Partly because it was the heart of the pandemic too. Wasn't shocking at all when it didn't do very well.

Also it didn’t have Will Smith and was rated R when the original was pg13. SS2 had a long list of reasons why it flopped 

2 hours ago, thajdikt said:

They have Spidey, Thor, Wanda, Deadpool, Doctor Strange,  Loki, and prob plenty more with Multiverse shit. They just have to make a good movie. They have plenty of big hitters. No one on the level of Tony or Steve tho (expect Spidey)

I said before. The new Avengers movie with Spidey, Thor Strange Scarlett in a lead role will Be a super big event like IW. 

52 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Partly because the first one was awful. Partly because it debuted day and date on HBO Max. Partly because it was the heart of the pandemic too. Wasn't shocking at all when it didn't do very well.

SS official poster showed that Joker will have a big role in the movie, but it didn't happen & audience felt cheated and then didn't give a shit about suicide squad 2 even when it was good.
Edited by Willowra
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Willowra said:
SS official poster showed that Joker will have a big role in the movie, but it didn't happen & audience felt cheated and then didn't give a shit about suicide squad 2 even when it was good.

Yeah... Again... It was always going to make less but that day and date thing and the pandemic in its prime really hurt it more than anything. 

15 hours ago, JustLurking said:

This isn't exactly true. This does not show dislikes. The way the extension works is it takes the likes:dislike ratio from extension users and then applies it to the public like count. But that means it's not really accurate, especially since the plugin is wildly used by people who want to push storylines of mass reject from the public for films like this or TLM.

A fun plugin for sure but I'd take its results with a grain of salt in cases like these.

So what I'm hearing is that there's probably more dislikes?

10 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

They need focus on the embarrassment known as Shazam and focus on getting people to see a DC film

Black Adam did not exactly set the world on fire either.

Ant Man 3 was a big letdown for Marvel Studios, but it still did better then either Adam or Shazam 2.

God knows I do not want to start the DC/Marvel crap,but, yeah,when it comes to box office DC people should not throw stones.

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

So what I'm hearing is that there's probably more dislikes?

No? The extension takes the ratio of likes/dislikes from people who use the extension. That's it. It predicts a ratio from there. The people who use the extension are also people who clearly care about likes/dislikes, and are more prone to disliking things of this nature. Thus the extension is showing a highly inflated dislike figure.

Also, my god you people are all just incredibly irritating. We get it, you don't like the film. Move on.

• Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

No? The extension takes the ratio of likes/dislikes from people who use the extension. That's it. It predicts a ratio from there. The people who use the extension are also people who clearly care about likes/dislikes, and are more prone to disliking things of this nature. Thus the extension is showing a highly inflated dislike figure.

I don't know about that, I've tested it several times on my channel 
telling x amount of my friends to dislike certain videos I've uploaded and it was 100% correct. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, exomassey said:

Wow the dislikes are crazy. The trailer is the most inoffensive, fun little preview for the film.

Chuds really hate Brie Larson for going “Facts not feelings” on them.

• Like 2