Eric Prime

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

2 hours ago, Willowra said:

We call it formality

Please dude, we've seen what leaving a movie out to die looks like and this isn't it. You want abandoned all hope of making money, look how DC is just tossing blue beetle to the curb so they can spend more time trying to fix Aquaman

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Please dude, we've seen what leaving a movie out to die looks like and this isn't it. You want abandoned all hope of making money, look how DC is just tossing blue beetle to the curb so they can spend more time trying to fix Aquaman

Sabotage would have been leaving it to open a week from today lol

• Like 2

One factor people are missing is that Ms.Marvel is going to be on ABC in September and could stir up more interest in the movie.

The strike if probably the main reason for this;not much in the way of new programming coming.

SO it makes sense for Disney to recycle  Disney Plus stuff that has been around for a while to ABC; a lot of people who watch ABC don't subscribe to Disney Plus so it will be 'New" to them, and costs Disney almost nothing. Ms Marvel will have alot of new viewers come September.

I suspect this was a plan when a strike became a real possbility.

But as to the choice of which Disney Plus Marvel series to show; I would bet a lot of money that The Marvels coming out is why they chose Ms. Marvel over Wandavision or Loki for September.......though if the strike goes on other Disney Plus stuff will show up on ABC,

15 hours ago, LegionWrex said:

I'm still skeptical about it hitting $1B but it will comfortably be a sizable hit. I can't see this doing badly.

I don't know how this will do but unless it is a terrible move like Ant Man 3 was I can't see it crashing and burning.

But IMHO a billion is just crazy talk by someone living in their own little reality. Problem with living in your own reality is the real world always crahses in eventually.

Edited by dudalb

6 hours ago, Willowra said:

Is it really? Can anyone confirm that the new trailer has been attached to Barbie? If that's the case, then they're banking more on Barbie audiences than online audiences for trailer views.

I get a little peeved with people talking about a trailer attached to a movie when the movie is from a studio different then the trailer.

Only the studio can attacha a trialer to a specific movie by sending it out in the same shipment as the movie...and I doubt Warners to going to do Disney a favor like that.

Now Disney might well send put a trailler at the same time as a big movie from another studio in hopes it will get shown with the movie, but that is not the same as attached.

Guaranted, the trailer the is attached to Barbie will be for another Warner's movie. Notice that 90% of the time the last treailer you see before the movie starts is from the same Studio as the movie?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

The Marvels trailer 2 has 10.7m views in a bit more than 24 hours. (From Marvel’s main account alone)

10m views on YouTube, 5.6m views on facebook, 20m views on instagram. Outstanding 24hrs views, even higher than Secret Invasion; should easily do 700m+ now.

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I'm just here for Iman tbh. Really hope the film retains the charm and humour Kamala had from Ms Marvel.

I don’t get why Feige isn’t making her one of the main faces this saga. Iman has the most energy and charm out of all the new characters. She’s like Peter Parker in the MCU but with more character development and a fleshed out world around her:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YM! said:

I don’t get why Feige isn’t making her one of the main faces this saga. Iman has the most energy and charm out of all the new characters. She’s like Peter Parker in the MCU but with more character development and a fleshed out world around her:

Who are the main faces in this saga, by the way? No one knows that, as Feige has been silent on this important topic since Endgame

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

If they really are thinking of delaying Deadpool if the strike continues, maybe this moves to Feb 2024? Unless they just swap Deadpool and Cap 4

I say swap DP and Cap. Feels more fitting to have DP release on the late July slot anyway.

7 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I'm just here for Iman tbh. Really hope the film retains the charm and humour Kamala had from Ms Marvel.

She's a movie star in the making I think. If The Marvels does well she's going to blow up more then she already has.

• Like 1