Totem

Monday Numbers - THG 11M

Mon: 11mTue: 11m. NC (Tuesday's are strong this year due too discount tuesdays in 2012 around most of the country, this is made evident through the ridiculously strong Tuesday's we have seen all year)Wed: 8m -27% (stronger Tuesdays lead to a harder Wednesday drop)Thur: 8.15m +2% ( with the strong WOM, I expect a slight bump)Opening Wk: 190.5mFri: 20.00m +142%Sat: 30.00m +50%Sun. 21.00m -30%2nd wknd: 71m -53%10-Day-Total: 261.5mI expect the film to break the 2nd wknd record.

Cool. I'm expecting a drop less than 5% for Tuesday as well... do you really think Wednesday falls THAT hard? I was thinking more 15-20%...Your Fri/Sat bumps seem a little ambitious but I'd love to see it happen.

Mon: 11mTue: 11m. NC (Tuesday's are strong this year due too discount tuesdays in 2012 around most of the country, this is made evident through the ridiculously strong Tuesday's we have seen all year)Wed: 8m -27% (stronger Tuesdays lead to a harder Wednesday drop)Thur: 8.15m +2% ( with the strong WOM, I expect a slight bump)Opening Wk: 190.5mFri: 20.00m +142%Sat: 30.00m +50%Sun. 21.00m -30%2nd wknd: 71m -53%10-Day-Total: 261.5mI expect the film to break the 2nd wknd record.

2nd weekend record is 75m so 71m wouldn't cut it. I think $71m it can manage but $76m is asking for too much.

Cool. I'm expecting a drop less than 5% for Tuesday as well... do you really think Wednesday falls THAT hard? I was thinking more 15-20%...Your Fri/Sat bumps seem a little ambitious but I'd love to see it happen.

For Wednesday it really depends on Tuesday, the stronger the tuesday the harder the film is going to drop on Wednesday. And the increases are indeed ambitious, but that's what record breakers do.

2nd weekend record is 75m so 71m wouldn't cut it. I think $71m it can manage but $76m is asking for too much.

I know what the 2nd wknd record is, I said avatar would break that record a year before it was released. The posted prediction is deliberately lower than what I think is possible. Edited by B J

I was thinking something like this.... but I'd prefer BJ to be right:Tuesday: 10.44 (-3.5%)Wednesday: 8.87 (-16%)Thursday: 8.43 (-5%)Friday: 19.38 (+130%)Saturday: 25.00 (+29%)Sunday: 18.25 (-27%)Weekend: 62.63m (-59%)

That seems about right.

Do we know how run time affects daily numbers outside of the summer? The film is 2 1/2 hours long, which is a big time commitment to make on a weekday. For example, Spider-Man 3 jumped 190% on Friday compared to the original's 167%, and was about half an hour longer.

• Like 1

Do we know how run time affects daily numbers outside of the summer? The film is 2 1/2 hours long, which is a big time commitment to make on a weekday. For example, Spider-Man 3 jumped 190% on Friday compared to the original's 167%, and was about half an hour longer.

An outstanding point that was not supposed to be revealed until the massive Friday and saturday increases come in.
  • Like 1