Eric is Quiet

Disney+ MCU: Loki | June 11 2021 | Richard E Grant's in this

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I just realised today is Monday and e2 comes in just 2 days and not 5. 😍

First episode has really grown on me. The score is fantastic. Everything about this show is so different than other 2.

This show has MCU vibes. 

I also cannot take any of the talk about the sacred timeline and the time keeper seriously, because I just imagine that he’s having a conversation about meeting Kevin Feige. 

He’s going to show up in their office and the main one of them is going to be in a baseball cap, and someone who looks like Victoria and someone who looks like Nate is going to be on either side. 

And if I do not get that joke by the end of this, then what’s the point? What is the honest to God point?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spoiler

So as I understand. When TVA reset a timeline, a variant of person escaping timeline is recreated in exact place, hence the story continues. 

Loki variant probably escaped and rest is history.

The Loki variant we are following as lead character being latest Loki variant caught. So is this a loop? Still confusion but I guess largely whatever happening in this has no impact on MCU continuity (?). I have no idea, hopefully they clear it.

• Like 1

In lieu of actual ratings my only gauge for a streaming show's impact is how much I hear it talked about outside of expected dedicated online spaces. I feel like Wandavision was talked about a shit-load, with Winter Soldier and Loki not nearly as much. Which isn't a slight on them, but does suggest D+ Marvel shows have already settled into a non-novelty groove.

1 hour ago, Lokis Legion said:

Alright, and we’re off.    

I still assign a pretty high chance that this will totally ruin the MCU, but if they dodge that it should be awesome and easily the best show so far.

Why do you have so much fear about timeline??

MCU is no way going to be linear Loki or not.

We have NWH, DS2 and even Kang coming. Do you really think MCU timeline will be linear after all of this?? Specially after Kang?

3 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Why do you have so much fear about timeline??

MCU is no way going to be linear Loki or not.

We have NWH, DS2 and even Kang coming. Do you really think MCU timeline will be linear after all of this?? Specially after Kang?

I don’t know what you mean. I don’t care about being “linear,” Ijust need it to be logically coherent.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

I don’t know what you mean. I don’t care about being “linear,” Ijust need it to be logically coherent.

Well , it's not logically coherent right now , if you think about Steve Rogers and what TVA said.

4 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Well , it's not logically coherent right now , if you think about Steve Rogers and what TVA said.

Well, that’s my problem!   

A lot of what the TVA says/acts about timelines and time travel is not a logically coherent version thereof. So I can only hope that they’re lying and/or mistaken — which, honestly, does seem likely. So we’ll just have to see where they leave things after ep 6.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

We in India believe a lot in destiny right. Jo likha hai uparwale ne woh hota hai. Daane daane pe likha hai khaane wala ka naam and stuff.

So I don't have any hesitation in accepting that there is a higher power determining time flow.

Time travel is always messier. In Steve regards, can just simply says that it was what written in his file, otherwise TVA would have caught Steve.

Spoiler

One thing, I even mentioned in previous week, that if TVA reset the 2012 EG timeline after arresting Loki variant, they basically put a Loki in timeline where he was supposed to be. So did Tony take Tesseract from there and move to 2023. Because it doesn't make any sense for Steve and Tony to go to 70s then, Steve seeing Carter, and deciding to go to past.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Time travel is always messier. In Steve regards, can just simply says that it was what written in his file, otherwise TVA would have caught Steve.

Hide contents

One thing, I even mentioned in previous week, that if TVA reset the 2012 EG timeline after arresting Loki variant, they basically put a Loki in timeline where he was supposed to be. So did Tony take Tesseract from there and move to 2023. Because it doesn't make any sense for Steve and Tony to go to 70s then, Steve seeing Carter, and deciding to go to past.

This is my doubt as well. Also regarding Steve leaving wouldn't that mean 2 timelines becuase in MCU timeline Peggy wasn't married to Steve. Or did they hid it really well ? Because otherwise Sharon will know better to not kiss his grand uncle.

Edited by Madhuvan