Eric Atreides

Disney+ MCU: Loki | June 11 2021 | Richard E Grant's in this

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Both versions you mentioned in the form they are shown in fiction are pretty much fantastical and really have no logic to them. It's the illusion of logic I mentioned earlier. And it's great filmmakers don't limit themselves to two specific versions of a theoretical idea like time-travel, since it would've prevented many great time-travel stories from being told.

Even for fictional ideas, there are versions rooted in reasonable principles of science and logic, and those totally detached from such. Personally, I loathe all time travel stories that are obviously  nonsensical.

1 minute ago, Lokis Legion said:

Even for fictional ideas, there are versions rooted in reasonable principles of science and logic, and those totally detached from such. Personally, I loathe all time travel stories that are obviously  nonsensical.

Kind of. The many worlds interpretation is not really rooted in princples of actual practical science (since it's something that literally cannot be tested and proved). It's even called an interpretation. Neither is the self-consistency principle. Like with most things related to time travel, they're completely theoretical with a lot of assumptions and abstract ideas to them. They're closer to be being rooted in philosophy than science. 

I personally don't really know why people these days care so much about logic in movies and shows. Feels like a thing that's become a prominent part of mainstream film criticism ever since YouTube reviews started. 

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Kind of. The many worlds interpretation is not really rooted in princples of actual practical science (since it's something that literally cannot be tested and proved). It's even called an interpretation. Neither is the self-consistency principle. Like with most things related to time travel, they're completely theoretical with a lot of assumptions and abstract ideas to them. They're closer to be being rooted in philosophy than science. 

I personally don't really know why people these days care so much about logic in movies and shows. Feels like a thing that's become a prominent part of mainstream film criticism ever since YouTube reviews started. 

Not scientific logic. Obviously fiction doesn't have to follow science. But there should be an in-story logic of how it works. Otherwise, I can live with it, but it's kinda annoying.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Cap said:

The logic is pretty simple. It’s all big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff. 🤷‍♀️

Amen!  This times 1000:)...when the story and acting are so good, just let yourself get caught up in it!

I mean, we all know it's good b/c how many of us dropped everything to make sure we watched the new episode within 24 hours of its release?  I didn't do that for F&TWS...and I didn't do it for Wandavision til it was halfway in.  But, I'm here for Loki on release day 1 every time:)...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And while we're at it, who inflates the Batmobile's  tires, anyway!!!

Spoiler

Izza a riff on the classic Grant Morrison quote, for those not familiar.

NB:  If I could have reworked the joke into the context of the MCU, I would have, but couldn't think of a quick analogue and more importantly didn't want to take the time to think of one. :lol: 

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 4

Yeah been enjoying this four episodes .

Chemistry between owen wilson and Tom hiddleston is gold and the best part.

Slyvie is fine in her role and love the visual asthetic of the show.

TVA stuff is time travel jibberish and man is the tva is just downright incompetent .

Well   a certain someone loves someone after one episode yeah typical marvel writing 😅.

Don't know if I'm the only one who has noticed but the action  sequences especially chereography in this episode downright sucked.

This is the best D+ show for me because it has kept me engaged and left me eager for  what's next and is lifted by two magnificent performances and one good one.

Loki ain't perfect but it's fun .

8/10 so far.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Menor said:

Not scientific logic. Obviously fiction doesn't have to follow science. But there should be an in-story logic of how it works. Otherwise, I can live with it, but it's kinda annoying.

Yeah I agree .every science fiction has internal logic that governs it. Yeah I get they must be suspense of disbelief but must be some of rule to refer to within the story.

Take endgame .time travel in that ain't perfect but it had stipulations

- time shrinks in the quantum realm which is explained and shown by scott lang

- retrieve infinity stones and return them to restore timeline

Loki is regarded a variant while avengers weren't because it was their will reasons.

Roller coaster show baby!

Great episode, loved it for the most part. As usual, the action choreography is absolutely pitiful. 

Like other people have said, Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson have amazing chemistry and the show instantly gets better when they're together, like clockwork.

Spoiler

It's funny just how much this episode was trying to be a finale. Setting up the betrayal of Mobius, resolving it then he dies, the heroes in custody, taken in front of the "masterminds", the final fight between the heroes and bad guys, all tropes of finales.

And then it's not :rofl:

Really curious to see where it goes

• Like 1

About to catch episode 4 tonight in a little...amazing thing is that Loki has always been portrayed as the opposite of Thor. Thor is the sledgehammer, the warrior.

Instead of beating people straight up, Loki is more of the trickster. He'll make an illusion at a cliff, for a frost giant to run through and fall to it's death. Gets beaten one on one by Valkyrie. Uses the Chitauri and The Destroyer to battle the Avengers and Thor.

Now all of a sudden he's Jean Claude Van Dam 😂! He's now a man that physically overpower someone with his bare hands 😂! Despite this glaring inconsistency, I'm enjoying the series 😂!

Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • Haha 4

Anyway as for the episode itself I enjoyed it once again, the performances are really making this show. 

Spoiler

I was thinking it was wasteful to kill off Mobius so early, but then Loki himself died so I knew that they weren't actually dead.

Lots of interesting questions and hooks for next episode like the multiple Lokis and the fake timekeepers, hopefully the payoff is good. 

• Like 1

This show has the best actors of any show far in Disney+ , everyone is delivering phenomenal performances and honestly I am loving this so much more than most of MCU content. 

This is the kind of show I wanted.

Also , Mobius is one of the best MCU character easily. And wow I am loving Sylvie and Loki dynamic.

This show is top tier for MCU in story telling and frankly I don't care about time travel logic.

MCU is becoming bigger and bigger , just like in comics not everything need to be explained and will be explained. I do agree that action in this episode was weak( very typical MCU problem). 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

About to catch episode 4 tonight in a little...amazing thing is that Loki has always been portrayed as the opposite of Thor. Thor is the sledgehammer, the warrior.

Instead of beating people straight up, Loki is more of the trickster. He'll make an illusion at a cliff, for a frost giant to run through and fall to it's death. Gets beaten one on one by Valkyrie. Uses the Chitauri and The Destroyer to battle the Avengers and Thor.

Now all of a sudden he's Jean Claude Van Dam 😂! He's now a man that physically overpower someone with his bare hands 😂! Despite this glaring inconsistency, I'm enjoying the series 😂!

Did you forget he was able to handle fighting Captain America?

• Like 1