Eric Duncan

Disney+ MCU: Loki | June 11 2021 | Richard E Grant's in this

Spoiler

When they revealed Yggdrasil, and that Loki’s burden and punished was to be entangled in it, and hold it together, I fucking lost it. Brilliant. Someone get Sigyn in there stat

• Like 2

On 10/27/2023 at 11:26 PM, eddyxx said:

Loved the last 2 episodes. Curious to see how they fuck up the landing in the finale.

They definitely did NOT fuck up the landing here. It was incredible.

16 hours ago, Cap said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It was so damn fitting, just perfection.

10 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

This ending felt very...definitive.

Did it? In what way? It felt to me like we might meet this Loki again.

Spoiler

I'm thinking he might show up again in the next Avengers movie dealing with this, somehow. Someone might go there to see him or something. Very intriguing.

Oh, and also, Renslayer wasn't shown dying. And we all know that if you don't show a character dying...

It's a tight, well made story - a refreshing change for the MCU.

I appreciated how tightly they told the story and brought it to the end.

What I didn't love is again, how

Spoiler

one character again can thwart a Kang

, although this one is a god, at least.

I'd put this series, now in its entirety, as an A-.  This season made season 1 better, especially the season 1 ending.

• Like 1

Loki is hands down the best mcu series and thats not recency bias. I thought it was top 3 earlier this year when people were lumping it in with the likes of she-hulk and falcon but now I'm sure of it that its the best show since it had a better ending than Wandavision.

• Like 1

That finale is probably one of my favorite episodes of television I have seen in the past year.

The emotional payoff is right up there with the some of the peaks of Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Severance, Bojack Horseman, and Attack on Titan (all series I have been able to binge in the past year [I'll take other series recommendations]). The 14 years of the character coming full circle to a satisfying and well-executed character arc is probably some of the MCU's most brilliant writing, disregarding some ass-pulls here and there it felt earned.

They need to get these writers on whatever crucial future projects they are doing and if they do, to not mess with the scripts they produce. I think I remember in an interview someone saying Loki season 2 is one of if not the only MCU project to not have any reshoots at all.

I wonder if Marvel will learn the right lessons after GOTG3 and Loki season 2...

Also was it just me who thought the CGI was actually pretty solid throughout all 6 episodes? It seems they limited the CGI for only when it was needed which allowed the atmosphere to feel more raw and tangible compared to something like the CGI clusterfuck of AATWQ, and allow all the VFX work to get focused on specific moments and shots.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 3

Other than visuals and great soundtrack ,some neat acting found S1 of Loki mediocre and lazily written for the most part and didn't like how Loki story was handled.

But S2 was fantastic and even made parts of S1 better.  Still wasn't perfect . Kang was underwhelming as usual .

Overall Loki had way more urgency, time aspects were way better and less confusing and contradictory.  and boy were they some mind-blowing visuals and effects and they were not there just dazzle the audience and they meshed well with the story and characters.

Surprisingly dark and episode 4 left me speechless . 

All the characters were strong and delivered strong performances.Thank God they reduced the whole romantic subplot btn Loki and slyvie that felt so unearned and dragged in S1.

The ending was excellent. Morbius scene at the end just got to me.

Best season of MCU TV.

Loki S2

Ms marvel

Moon knight

Wandavision

Hawkeye

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

On 11/10/2023 at 4:54 PM, Arlborn said:

They definitely did NOT fuck up the landing here. It was incredible.

It was so damn fitting, just perfection.

Did it? In what way? It felt to me like we might meet this Loki again.

Hide contents

I'm thinking he might show up again in the next Avengers movie dealing with this, somehow. Someone might go there to see him or something. Very intriguing.

Oh, and also, Renslayer wasn't shown dying. And we all know that if you don't show a character dying...

If we never see Thor meet this version of Loki then that would be a tragedy.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 9:39 AM, poweranimals said:

If we never see Thor meet this version of Loki then that would be a tragedy.

Imma guess they will meet in secret wars or there will be some hype moment where loki shows up idk. I feel like that would be the perfect time to get closure between the two brothers and then hang up the capes, helmets or whatever, and to retire the characters entirely from the MCU.

• Like 1

I’ve just watched the Honest Trailer that came out for this season 2 a couple of days ago and it was so negative and petty about the whole season that I almost questioned myself, wondering if I was incredibly out of touch or something since I usually agree with at least a couple of things in an Honest Trailer even if I disagree with the overall opinion, then I read the comments and everyone was commenting the same, about how the HT guys really went in looking for reasons to outright hate it.

The tide has really turned against the MCU when even YouTubers that got big thanks in big part to the MCU movies are looking for anything possible to hate in their movies and shows just so they can follow the trend.

Edited by Arlborn

On 12/10/2023 at 9:24 PM, Arlborn said:

I’ve just watched the Honest Trailer that came out for this season 2 a couple of days ago and it was so negative and petty about the whole season that I almost questioned myself, wondering if I was incredibly out of touch or something since I usually agree with at least a couple of things in an Honest Trailer even if I disagree with the overall opinion, then I read the comments and everyone was commenting the same, about how the HT guys really went in looking for reasons to outright hate it.

The tide has really turned against the MCU when even YouTubers that got big thanks in big part to the MCU movies are looking for anything possible to hate in their movies and shows just so they can follow the trend.

Apparently most of the people who didn't like season 2 were Loki/Sylvie shippers. 🙄