Eric Atreides

Disney+ MCU: Loki | June 11 2021 | Richard E Grant's in this

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

Yeah. That’s kind of how I felt. A little boring, but It could be massive fun once they let it rip. 

Reveal hidden contents

I won't go on to say it was boring. I enjoyed it all, if I was to shut my brain of all the continuity thing, I will say I loved it all.

Spoiler

So I shouldn't care much for now I guess since I am not aware about comics background and will wait when PAPA FEIGE spoon feed me.

Spoiler

Also, the trial thingy. Like how do anyone know/prove if he is NOT GUILTY. or how do anyone even know he is GUILTY, because in their mind they are just going their way.

Spoiler

The trial lady say to Loki that Avengers coming back was supposed to happen. So in that case Loki surviving was suppose to happen too. No? Loki didn't stole Tesseract, it was thrown in his feet and he just escaped,  just how he will do in his free will. Loki was supposed to escape and then Tony-Rogers, as it was "supposed" to, goes to 70s and Rogers saw Carter and made his mind to live the life....

OR 

If not that, are they gonna send LOKI back, Avengers get the tesseract back, never goes to 70s and just a simpler timeline of them getting Tesseract from Avengers tower and then Steve return it back and we get Steve back in regular timeline. Hayy.

UGH! I hate myself.

I guess TVA job will be a lot simpler if they just catch someone who escaped timeline, bring him back to place he left, erase his memory of all that and re-start the timeline. 

All that trial thingy though entertaining but just complicates IMO.

Also Also, the guy they just killed (?) who didn't had the ticket. Didn't they just ruined the sacred timeline by killing a guy who was to do things in timeline.

27 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I won't go on to say it was boring. I enjoyed it all, if I was to shut my brain of all the continuity thing, I will say I loved it all.

Reveal hidden contents

I think my issue is I have zero patience for recaps when it comes to the MCU. Let the casuals be confused. I know my continuity. More forward with the story. So there was just a lot of set up and there was a lot of this is a clip show that I felt was kind of like “OK let’s go. Let’s get to the real story now”. 

But it’s the first episode. The pilot is always the most clunky of the series because it has so much set up involved. I’m sure once we had episode three everything will be gravy

• Like 1

Really solid first episode 

Spoiler

Unlike WandaVision which was playing mystery box with its set up and Falcon and Winter Soldier which is set in a world familiar to even casual fans this premiere episode had the task of having to actually set up what the TVA was and the rules it goes by. It did a pretty good job at that and introduced some interesting concepts that I'm sure will be important down the line (multiverse war huh?). Lots of comparisons of course to other time travelling shows like Legends of Tomorrow or Umbrella Academy (I'm sure Doctor Who as well). Loki himself though is what makes this show stand out the scene where he sees his story post-Avengers fascinating to see how that keeps affecting him moving forward. 

Love how this really seems the first show where we have absolutely no idea how it will end. 

• Like 3

Spoiler

I think the fact we didn't actually see the second variant Loki may be a clue that it's not actually a second Loki.

Since if it was, then revealing Loki 2's appearance would be a great way to end the episode.

Very exposition heavy episode

• Like 2

Oooh boy, man, time travel is really playing with fire.   

A lot of words were thrown around this ep that relate to very logically problematic instantiations of time travel. I guess there is nothing to do but pray that they can work things out in the next 5 eps.     

Aside from my foreboding feeling that his show might lead in to a totally fumbled execution of time travel and multiverse stuff that ruins Endgame, Phase 4, and the MCU at large... really enjoyed this first ep 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I vaguely remember post-Endgame (which feels like approximately 500 years ago) writing on this forum something akin to that i felt my interest was waning and i didn't feel a particular need to see anything marvel anymore now that the infinity war arc was finished. Well, that lasted maybe 3 months and with Wandavision and TFATWS i'm back to fully invested again like nothing happened lol. Feige has me by the balls, i will never be free. When Loki was announced i felt it sounded like something that should have happened in 2012 when the general Loki obsession was at its peak but i've warmed to it since then. I really liked the first episode, yeah it was a bit exposition heavy but very entertaining and it still made more sense than Endgame's plot. Tom Hiddleston is just so damn good and he and Owen Wilson have a good chemistry. I also appreciated they didn't cut emotional moments too much with jokes which is my usual pet peeve with mcu.

• Like 1

LMAO, 9.5 on IMDb right now. Loki stans gonna stan 

The pilot looks like it will settle high 8s, pretty good compared to 7.5 for WV and 7.7 for FWS.   

To state the obvious these aren’t metrics of quality (I really liked the WV pilot) but of reception in one particular corner of the internets with its various skews.

On 12/14/2020 at 8:51 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

1. Time and Space

2. Odinson

3. Watch Earth Burn / Saviour

4. The Authority

5. God of Mischief

6. Conqueror

umm.

Spoiler

considering two stones loki touch, time and space, should I consider it a win?

anyways, just like WV and TFATWS, the titles have been wrong but at same time somewhat close to what happened.

Wow, this was absolutely fantastic episode. Also this is what we needed for Phase 4. 

I have a theory regarding this show, I think the actions of LOKI in this show is what causes this all to happen in first place. 

Maybe a Paradox. Hmmm

2 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

Aside from my foreboding feeling that his show might lead in to a totally fumbled execution of time travel and multiverse stuff that ruins Endgame, Phase 4, and the MCU at large... really enjoyed this first ep 😆

SilverHatefulHarrier-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

Oh yeah, I should say, Owen Wilson was surprisingly great.    

Excuse me? What do you mean "surprisingly"? Owen Wilson has not consistently been America's Darling just for you to say "surprisingly great". The disrespect!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

Oooh boy, man, time travel is really playing with fire.   

A lot of words were thrown around this ep that relate to very logically problematic instantiations of time travel. I guess there is nothing to do but pray that they can work things out in the next 5 eps.     

That's my main concern as well.

Spoiler

Although I do feel like the whole 'sacred timeline' purity thing is totally propaganda made up by someone high up in the TVA, and that they're just picking and choosing whatever they want to happen and killing off variants and timelines that they don't like. 

• Like 2

Really solid set-up, lost of exposition to get through but they handled it well.

Tom Hiddleston is effortlessly charming as always. More Loki reaction shots please. 

The premise is extremely enticing, I'm glad they held back on revealing that. 

Filmmaking and writing wise this first episode feels so much more consistent than the other MCU shows. I feel like it'll keep a solid quality level throughout. 

• Like 2