The Wild Eric

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

4 hours ago, peludo said:

I do not understand why some people laugh at this post. A sequel with Phoenix's Joker would be crazy. Maybe some people should remember that 4 Batman films beat the OW record.

I actually agree, only if it’s Phoenixs joker obviously. I’m not sure we’d see a 300m opening lol but if the Batman receives good reactions and wom is good a movie with those two would be huge even though it will never happen. 

Edited by cax16

4 hours ago, peludo said:

I do not understand why some people laugh at this post. A sequel with Phoenix's Joker would be crazy. Maybe some people should remember that 4 Batman films beat the OW record.

Because he's not getting cast and it's annoying people keep saying "lol Joaquamole Phoenix needs to beat up Battinson in the next one". They're from different timelines, and I don't think Joaquamole would say yes anyways. It's just irritating people keep saying they want something that will never happen.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Eric Drake said:

Because he's not getting cast and it's annoying people keep saying "lol Joaquamole Phoenix needs to beat up Battinson in the next one". They're from different timelines, and I don't think Joaquamole would say yes anyways. It's just irritating people keep saying they want something that will never happen.

Right, it is absolutely annoying that people on a box office forum speculate about the insane financial potential of Batman facing Joker using the characters 2 most recent actors... 

You're "I don't think Joaquamole would say yes" is every bit as speculatory as those thinking it could happen. 

It could 100% absolutely happen, and the opening weekend would be insane. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Eric Drake said:

I guess you know The Flash makes it possible.

Anyway, I agree that it is extremely unlikely. Maybe 1% possible. Or less. But just imagine for one second it could happen... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Macleod said:

She's doing that entirely on purpose, of course, to intimidate the Penguin into working with her -- and yes, because she's clearly not operating at 100% sanity.  It's probably also a reference to 1942's "Cat People" -- where the lead character, who is mentally disturbed, kills her own bird, then feeds it to a panther.  Catwoman was introduced in the comics just a year or two prior.  

While some could argue that that Batman Returns contains elements of camp, I would argue it is not "extremely campy"...at least not in tone.  Nolan's movies contain equally strange elements.  Take another look at the scene between Joker and Two-Face: two extremely disfigured crazy dudes, one dressed in a nurse outfit, discuss their trauma/worldly philosophies?  Tom Hardy's Bane is also pretty flamboyant in personality!  You need to understand these films in their historical era/context.  But practically no one disagrees that both of Schumacher's follow-ups ARE extremely campy in overall tone, mise-en-scene, and aesthetic, and consciously so (and that doesn't necessarily make them inferior, just...very different.)  

Catwoman's origin in Batman Returns is that she gets resurrected by cats.

There's nothing in the Nolan films as strange and yes, campy, as that.

It's dark camp but it's definitely camp and that's what makes it enjoyable. Are you seriously gonna argue that a climax that involves penguins with explosives marching through the streets is not campy as hell?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Hathaway is actually the Catwoman I’m least familiar with. I think I’ve only seen the film once or twice. But agreed, she was good. Michelle is just peak though. Iconic. 

Looking forward to Zoë. Just watched Kimi and she’s excellent. Harry Potter isn’t for me, but I’ve seen her in Big Little Lies, Mad Max, Rough Night etc. 

A couple of short scenes for you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

does this have any chance on doing joker numbers in europe?

It's not impossible but will be difficult. Joker did almost the same as NWH in countries like Germany and France and even more in Spain, Italy and Netherlands (according to BOM and TN). The biggest difference in the continent was in the UK: Joker $73M and NWH $126M.

1 minute ago, BruiseCruise said:

My very bullish predictions after seeing this weekend:

420m Dom

640 Int

120m china 

1.16 bil total 

Honestly I wouldn't consider these numbers to be "very bullish". Maybe a bit optimistic but like, it wouldn't even be super surprising if it hit these numbers. My personal numbers are a bit different but not much (370, 550, 130). Also they equal $1.18B and not $1.16B

• Like 3