Eric Duncan

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

1 minute ago, Eric Riley said:

Everybody's reporting the 3-hour runtime on this. Even Endgame didn't get this much coverage over how long it was. Not sure why this is a big deal, but good on the PR team I guess.

I think its because there's literally nothing else to report in terms of movies. Spider-Man is coming to the end of its run, there's nothing new which looks like it will get audiences, the biggest movie from now to March 4 is Uncharted. Leads to too much focus on this, trades are reporting everything - from the PG-13 rating to the runtime to potential sequels. Its perfectly timed for an empty market. If reviews are good, this can be way bigger than expected.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Riley said:

Everybody's reporting the 3-hour runtime on this. Even Endgame didn't get this much coverage over how long it was. Not sure why this is a big deal, but good on the PR team I guess.

Every little thing about this movie trends like crazy. It's insane.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm going to assume The Batman's runtime is not what he was talking about with this earlier tweet, otherwise Mr. Frosty is losing his grip on what people are aware of lol. 

Netflix has their earnings call soon, might be something they announce in that.

50 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm going to assume The Batman's runtime is not what he was talking about with this earlier tweet, otherwise Mr. Frosty is losing his grip on what people are aware of lol. 

39 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Netflix has their earnings call soon, might be something they announce in that.

It's this

Weird this isn't HBO Max, but I guess Legendary got a better deal from Tim Cook

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Nah, it's news that just broke of a Godzilla/Titans Monsterverse series in the works at Apple TV.

2 hours ago, Eric Riley said:

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

I think its because there's literally nothing else to report in terms of movies. Spider-Man is coming to the end of its run, there's nothing new which looks like it will get audiences, the biggest movie from now to March 4 is Uncharted. Leads to too much focus on this, trades are reporting everything - from the PG-13 rating to the runtime to potential sequels. Its perfectly timed for an empty market. If reviews are good, this can be way bigger than expected.

2 hours ago, belblazer said:

Every little thing about this movie trends like crazy. It's insane.

How is anyone still predicting sub $200m opening weekend for this? The market will be DEAD and the buzz for this is insane. 

34 minutes ago, excel1 said:

How is anyone still predicting sub $200m opening weekend for this? The market will be DEAD and the buzz for this is insane. 

People are still predicting it because it’s still going to open under $200M 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Knock It Off 1

200m is still hard. Only 8 films have done it. 5 are MCU/Avengers adjacent. Two are Star Wars. Jurassic World is the outlier but that was a nostalgic smash.

BVS is still the highest opening Batman movie and that had hook of a Superman team-up. Ironically, the 17th, 18th and 19th biggest openings are Batman. BVS (166), Dark Knight Rises (160.8m), Dark Knight (158.4m). Of course TDKR has impacted by the tragedy but safe to say, it likely wasn't coming near 200m.

160-170ish seems right? (Iron Man 3 did 174m and Civil War did 179m). 

• Like 2