cannastop

Where the Crawdads Sing | SONY | July 15, 2022 | Reese Witherspoon Producing | Profit of $74.7M

https://deadline.com/2021/04/garret-dillahunt-michael-hyatt-more-daisy-edgar-jones-where-the-crawdads-sing-1234734464/

EXCLUSIVE: Garret Dillahunt (Fear the Walking Dead), Michael Hyatt (Snowfall), Ahna O’Reilly (The Morning Show), Sterling Macer Jr. (Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story), and newcomer Jojo Regina have been added to the cast of Where The Crawdads Sing, the film adaptation based on Delia Owens’ NYT best-selling novel from 3000 Pictures, Hello Sunshine, and Sony. Olivia Newman is attached to direct the pic from a screenplay written by Oscar-nominated screenwriter Lucy Alibar.

Reese Witherspoon and Lauren Neustadter are producing for Hello Sunshine with Elizabeth Gabler, Erin Siminoff and Aislinn Dunster are overseeing the project for 3000 Pictures.

Set against the backdrop of the mid-20th century South, the story centers on a young woman named Kya who, abandoned by her family, raises herself all alone in the marshes outside of her small town. However, when her former boyfriend is found dead, Kya is thrust into the spotlight, instantly branded by the local townspeople and law enforcement as the prime suspect for his murder. Equal parts haunting crime thriller and moving coming-of-age story, “Where the Crawdads Sing” explores our universal yearning for connection, formative first loves, and ultimately, how strong and resilient each of us is, no matter the obstacles standing in our way. Regina, in her first major film role, will play Little Kya.

The book was published by G.P. Putnam in 2018 and has sold 10 million copies worldwide.

Edited by Box Office Hit
  • Like 1

https://www.slashfilm.com/616885/where-the-crawdads-sing-release-date-cast-and-more/

The film is directed by First Match filmmaker Olivia Newman. Sony Pictures has positioned the Delia Owens adaptation as a counterprogrammer against Blazing Samurai, Jordan Peele's Nope, and the Summer blockbusters surrounding its release date.

Edited by SLAM!

lol I LOVED the book but ever since I heard the author might be a murderer that's all I think about when I hear this title. Nice to see Daisy Edgar Jones again  though. 

Edited by ban1o

1 hour ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

270d2f373aba12988a3b6eb221f61f57_w200.gi

Give me all the details now lmao

Oh wait it's not her it's her step son and husband lol. They lived on a wild life conservation in Zambia in the 90s and obviously had conflict with the poachers of elephants. Her husband *allegedly* had a "shoot to kill" policy for whenever they saw poachers. ABC news went there to film a documentary about conservation and apparently they actually caught one of the poachers being killed on camera. Both her husband and step son are wanted in Zambia for questioning. 

I was pretty shocked when  first heard it lol. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

Oh wait it's not her it's her step son and husband lol. They lived on a wild life conservation in Zambia in the 90s and obviously had conflict with the poachers of elephants. Her husband *allegedly* had a "shoot to kill" policy for whenever they saw poachers. ABC news went there to film a documentary about conservation and apparently they actually caught one of the poachers being killed on camera. Both her husband and step son are wanted in Zambia for questioning. 

I was pretty shocked when  first heard it lol. 

Oh, just poachers?

• Haha 1