Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Just now, Krissykins said:

$190m-$220m budget, profitability could be possible in the long run.  

Yes, but not the kind of profits they expected. When you spend a lot of  money on the a movie, you expect of make large profits; not sure this will do that.

Just now, Dragoncaine said:

Does anyone know if Metro and London Evening Standard have MC profiles? Both outlets gave The Flash a 4/5. Empire also gave it a 4/5 and has yet to be uploaded to the site. 

Yeah they’re all on there. Oh wait, on MC? Not sure. Possibly ES

Edited by wildphantom
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Does anyone know if Metro and London Evening Standard have MC profiles? Both outlets gave The Flash a 4/5. Empire also gave it a 4/5 and has yet to be uploaded to the site. 

They're not, Empire is so we'll see that 4/5 pretty soon.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Phoenix22 said:

73% with 63 is actually... not that bad? Since it started at 69% and it usually goes down not up.

It's not bad but the problem is that it's not exactly promising either with how the tracking for pre-sales has been lackluster.

My guess is that this movie will make somewhere around 600-650 million worldwide. Enough to break even and maybe even make a bit of a profit, but also enough so that WBD won't miss Ezra Miller, probably won't bother pursuing any elseworlds projects with Keaton's Batman, and Brave and the Bold goes to someone else since Muschietti isn't even signed. 

Also my guess is that this probably marks the end for a while of them exploring this multiverse concept at least in DC. 

Edited by 21C

2 minutes ago, 21C said:

It's not bad but the problem is that it's not exactly promising either with how the tracking for pre-sales has been lackluster.

My guess is that this movie will make somewhere around 600-650 million worldwide. Enough to break even and maybe even make a bit of a profit, but also enough so that WBD won't miss Ezra Miller, probably won't bother pursuing any elseworlds projects with Keaton's Batman, and Brave and the Bold goes to someone else since Muschietti isn't even signed. 

Also my guess is that this probably marks the end for a while of them exploring this multiverse concept at least in DC. 

The Suicide Squad was a total bomb and Gunn became the Creative Head of the franchise. I think Muschietti is staying as many reviews are citing the cinematography and action as a highlight (just not the VFX)

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Y'know it's been a while since DCs gotten a more middle of the road kind of reception. Usually it's either slam dunks or total embarrassment, but this is the first "pretty solid" since what, Aquaman?

Shazam (2019) and The Suicide Squad (2021) both have 90% on RT.

1 hour ago, ringedmortality said:

That's right, that's why I'm gonna sit my ass down and listen

This is about Succession but it applies here too!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Damn, an 85 from Film Threat was just added to MC, but no bump to the score. That publication must be really lightly weighted.

Now it hasn't even moved with the additional 80 from Empire lmao

76.png

3 minutes ago, 21C said:

I am not sure that DC will give up on the Elseworld, but I suspect that you are right it will end up with a modest profit, which is a better then a flop, sure but tsill not what DC spent all that money for.

Ithknk this film need a really good reception to get the not fanbase excited, and it did get that. it got  a pretty good reception.

And I repest, the sucess both critical and commercial olf ATSV might has stolen some of it's appeal.