Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

1 hour ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Im shocked it hasn’t been ready.

If this is what discourse is like before the movie is out…well, i do not envy the job you and the other mods have coming.

I think the attitude toward anybody over the age of 45 is reason to lock the thread.

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

Gunn is playing a completely different game now. One that I’m excited to see him playing but one that he is completely fresh working. I’m actually interested on seeing him playing more of a Kevin Feige figure, even more so with the upcoming releases Superman Legacy forward.

If you are a studio head, you support any film the studio has coming out, regardless of what you might or might not think about it. That is part of the job. Many retired studios heads have been frank about how they greenlit films they did not like personally but  saw would be hits for the studio. First duty of a studio head it to make a profit for the shareholders;that is true for any business.

Of course Gunn wants to make good movies but unless he makes the stockholderes happy he will not be around long.

• Like 1

The Super Bowl commercial, all the fan screenings, the insane number of commercials for The Flash during the NBA playoffs....all of this to open around Black Adam numbers.  It seems like this will be an epic fail by WB trying to manufacture hype.  

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If you are a studio head, you support any film the studio has coming out, regardless of what you might or might not think about it. That is part of the job. Many retired studios heads have been frank about how they greenlit films they did not like personally but  saw would be hits for the studio. First duty of a studio head it to make a profit for the shareholders;that is true for any business.

Of course Gunn wants to make good movies but unless he makes the stockholderes happy he will not be around long.

I would think the shareholders would put Zaslav then the WB heads on the hot seat before Gunn. His reputation has tanked a lot since he took over. 

Just now, BeastByTheBay said:

I would think the shareholders would put Zaslav then the WB heads on the hot seat before Gunn. His reputation has tanked a lot since he took over. 

True, but my statment that if you are head of a studio you eventually have to show a profit or you will not be around long  applies.

Sooner Zaslev is gone the better. The whole CNN Trump Town Hall FIasco was the last straw for me as far as Zaslev goes. In the end, Licht was just Zalsev's flunky, and Zaslev threw him to the wolves when the making CNN into Fox News Lite strategy..which I am sure Zaslev came oup with....backfired big time.

2 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

People that watched those films as kids/teens are seniors or dead.

Are Keaton fans really that old?

I mean, my dad is 39 and he remembers Batman 89 like it happened yesterday.

Just now, LVB said:

I’m 42 years old and I barely remember lol. I mean, I loved it sure, my 10th birthday was all about Batmania and me with a crying face ‘cause I got my leg broken exactly at the morning of my birthday, but I have more memories of that day than the film itself. Batman TAS stayed a lot more with me.

• Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m 42 years old and I barely remember lol. I mean, I loved it sure, my 10th birthday was all about Batmania and me with a crying face ‘cause I got my leg broken exactly at the morning of my birthday, but I have more memories of that day than the film itself. Batman TAS stayed a lot more with me.

I really hope in the next Batman movie they find some way to do a tribute to the late Kevin Conroy.

28 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I genuinely think that nothing is hurting Flash more than the open knowledge that this series is about to restart. 

Its also been 31 years since Keaton was Batman. Sans Batman, Keaton was never a major A lister. 

28 minutes ago, BeastByTheBay said:

Zaslav's reputation is more than fine with shareholders since pretty much since day 1 on the job his primary mission has been to cater to them. It's with everyone else that his reputation has been an issue, but he's done everything he promised to them he was gonna do.

Edited by 21C

13 minutes ago, LVB said:

I don't remember much at 5 so your Dad remembering seeing it like it happened yesterday as a 5 year old is crazy.

I do remember Batman 89 and Batman Returns being on cable ALL the time in the mid 90s. 

2 hours ago, LuisDHern said:

Hahahaha!  I watched Superman II and Burton's Batman movies when they came out, and I'm not a senior or dead.   I'm 47 (not considered a senior in the US) since the "Seniors" designation starts around age 60. 

Anybody over 30 to me is a senior citizen, sorry. 

I don't want to watch a batman that fills his suit with gold bond power and whose utility belt includes a walker. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, excel1 said:

I genuinely think that nothing is hurting Flash more than the open knowledge that this series is about to restart. 

Its also been 31 years since Keaton was Batman. Sans Batman, Keaton was never a major A lister. 

Neither has Tobey Maguire. Or Andrew Garfield for that matter. It’s not about any of these things you’re mentioning. It barely has any foundation to ‘restart’ to begin with. A Flashpoint multiverse film is something you do at your third Flash film at the earliest.

Also I particularly believe that if there is one mainstream character that needs a complete overhaul is The Flash. I really dislike the angle that Rocksteady is doing with their Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League videogame, but in concept their Flash is something that DC would be wise thinking about going forward. I know that changing characters ethnicities are controversial in nerd crowds, but there isn’t a single good reason why a Flash needs to be a white dude. Yes they kept Quicksilver sort of like Romani despite being played by a white actor, but Quicksilver was never as important as The Flash. The good thing about The Flash is that he is maybe one of the most famous legacy characters before Spider-Man became that. So if a Barry Allen film doesn’t work, you can always have Wally West down the line. 

1 minute ago, JimmyB said:

I don't remember much at 5 so your Dad remembering seeing it like it happened yesterday as a 5 year old is crazy.

Maybe he's exaggerating. Hispanics are hyperbolic. LMAO

But experiencing that movie sparked his love for Batman.

• Like 1

The reason Michael Keaton's Batman hasn't had a big cultural impact like other films of that era is probably because for most people it's not a character that "is michael keaton", in the way that Indiana Jones is Harrison Ford, because there have been so many Batmans. Literally been 5 other actors playing Batman since Keaton played it.

Batman 89 was 34 years ago. If there had been no Batman films since then, then Keaton returning now would probably be a bigger deal.

• Like 2