Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I agree that Gunn needs to dump eeeeeverybody. No "oh maybe we can bring Gal Gadot or Margot Robbie back". Nope, everyone. anyone that could make the audience associate it with this era of DC movies should be gone. 

That’s my take as well. I have one exception for Momoa because I think he would make an insanely cool Lobo.

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

I stand by my opinion tat ZSJL was great and only needs to be trimmed to maybe 2.5 hours (instead of 4). If I had time I would do it myself.

Yes and BvS extended cut is perfectly fine.  It was reviewed much better and audiences seemed to like it.  It did very well for home media. 

WB execs at the time panicked.  BvS made $875M.  If it makes $125M more and hits the magical "billion"  they probably don't attempt to make any real changes.  

But this was all those execs fault to begin with,  The whole DCEU (despite there being good movies mixed in) was doomed before there was ever pen to paper and it's because they had no plan other than to fast track an entire universe.  They were being greedy. 

Nolan's trilogy was a wild success for them.  But they learned nothing from it.  It took time.  Batman Begins was a moderate success.  But it built in a ton of interest for what was to come. It was a slow build.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Most of this could have been corrected if they had just realized Zach Snyder was bad after BvS and started from scratch on Justice League with the same actors and a clear visual changeover.

I'll add onto that: They should have ditched or reigned in Snyder after the polarizing reception of Man of Steel. Instead they only let him double down on everything that made that movie so divisive.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

That’s my take as well. I have one exception for Momoa because I think he would make an insanely cool Lobo.

I disagree. they are just actors playing a role. I think audiences accept that, but some fanboys don't.

Carryiing over Judi Dench as M when they did a total  reboot of the 007 franchise worked fine.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Yes and BvS extended cut is perfectly fine.  It was reviewed much better and audiences seemed to like it.  It did very well for home media. 

WB execs at the time panicked.  BvS made $875M.  If it makes $125M more and hits the magical "billion"  they probably don't attempt to make any real changes.  

But this was all those execs fault to begin with,  The whole DCEU (despite there being good movies mixed in) was doomed before there was ever pen to paper and it's because they had no plan other than to fast track an entire universe.  They were being greedy. 

Nolan's trilogy was a wild success for them.  But they learned nothing from it.  It took time.  Batman Begins was a moderate success.  But it built in a ton of interest for what was to come. It was a slow build.  

Ihave to disagree, Snyder never got Supes. He seems on the verge of it in the final scenes of MOS, but then reverted back to the self pitying, mopey Supes in BvS. SNyder was just a bad choice to build the DCU around.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AJG said:

I stand by my opinion tat ZSJL was great and only needs to be trimmed to maybe 2.5 hours (instead of 4). If I had time I would do it myself.

Good movie, better movie than the theatrical cut. But it would have flopped in 2017 all the same.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I disagree. they are just actors playing a role. I think audiences accept that, but some fanboys don't.

Carryiing over Judi Dench as M when they did a total  reboot of the 007 franchise worked fine.

I don’t mean everyone. I’m fine with keeping Viola Davis as Waller, John Cena as Peacemaker and obviously Idris Elba’s Bloodsport and Daniela Melchior’s Ratsnatcher II ir they are interested. My point is that Gunn was very definitive that he has no plans for a new Suicide Squad film down the line, and if he doesn’t and let’s say Margot Robbie jumps ship to play Susan Richards in the MCU, I love her Harley but one can’t keep playing Harley forever. I think the Judi Dench’s M argument is solid, but you gotta admit that in DC’s case is kinda of confusing as hell.

If I had my way, James Gunn would tell Matt Reeves that he loves his take on Batman but now that is also part of the DCU and call it a day. I don’t understand why we need two Batmen playing similar takes of Bruce Wayne running around, but maybe that’s just me.

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

BVS Extended made a terrible movie easier to understand but it was still terrible. Same movie, just longer. Also at the time many people really couldn’t believe a movie with Batman, Superman, and a Wonder Woman would struggle to come close to Avengers BO. It’s inability to reach at least reach 1 Bil was a very big deal.

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I agree that Gunn needs to dump eeeeeverybody. No "oh maybe we can bring Gal Gadot or Margot Robbie back". Nope, everyone. anyone that could make the audience associate it with this era of DC movies should be gone. 

Yup. Also I truly can’t imagine what Gal Gadot will do without WW, after the next Fast movie. Without Wonder Woman her brand of “acting(?)” isn’t gonna find her high profile work. Maybe she can be a parent in Spy Kids reboot or something sad like that.

12 minutes ago, JWR said:

I'll add onto that: They should have ditched or reigned in Snyder after the polarizing reception of Man of Steel. Instead they only let him double down on everything that made that movie so divisive.

I'll add even further on to that - given his combination of domineering style plus mediocre results in his previous films, it was always a bad choice to hire him in the first place. I said as much at the time but then the amazing Man of Steel trailers tricked me.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, GambitPool said:

I'm a Snyder fan (not the unhinged Twitter type, but i respect his vision even if i dont agree with it) but the DCEU had no chance after he was like 7th in line to direct Man of Steel lol. 

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'll add even further on to that - given his combination of domineering style plus mediocre results in his previous films, it was always a bad choice to hire him in the first place. I said as much at the time but then the amazing Man of Steel trailers tricked me.

Yep. Like I said, he wasn't even close to a top choice. He was kind of the only guy who would take the job and WB had to with him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

Yup. Also I truly can’t imagine what Gal Gadot will do without WW, after the next Fast movie. Without Wonder Woman her brand of “acting(?)” isn’t gonna find her high profile work. Maybe she can be a parent in Spy Kids reboot or something sad like that.

Isn't she in Snow White? Also isn't she like getting her own action franchise with Netflix, ala Hemsworth?

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I don’t mean everyone. I’m fine with keeping Viola Davis as Waller, John Cena as Peacemaker and obviously Idris Elba’s Bloodsport and Daniela Melchior’s Ratsnatcher II ir they are interested. My point is that Gunn was very definitive that he has no plans for a new Suicide Squad film down the line, and if he doesn’t and let’s say Margot Robbie jumps ship to play Susan Richards in the MCU, I love her Harley but one can’t keep playing Harley forever. I think the Judi Dench’s M argument is solid, but you gotta admit that in DC’s case is kinda of confusing as hell.

If I had my way, James Gunn would tell Matt Reeves that he loves his take on Batman but now that is also part of the DCU and call it a day. I don’t understand why we need two Batmen playing similar takes of Bruce Wayne running around, but maybe that’s just me.

I agree that much as I love Robbie as Harley,  except for the first SS all the films featuring here have not done well at the box office.

Gadot is anothe thing. WW was a huge hit, and WW84 had a lot of bad luck though I think it was a big letdwon in quality. Audiences seem to love her as WW, and see no reason why she cannot continue in the role.

I think Robbie is on the outlook for a role that will put her into Oscar Contender again. She deserved her nomination for 
"I Tonya".

I prefer Reeves Batman as its own seperate thing and adding him in a cinematic universe would probably take away from what makes that iteration cool. The reason why The Batman was a success but the inclusion of batman is adding zero juice to this movie or justice league is because people like when he's beating up weirdo crooks with a gimmick nobody wants  "We need to collect the orb to stop the alien sky beam!" business from Batman. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

Isn't she in Snow White? Also isn't she like getting her own action franchise with Netflix, ala Hemsworth?

She got Snow White and Netflix when she was still WW. What will she do now she's out?

1 minute ago, GambitPool said:

Yep. Like I said, he wasn't even close to a top choice. He was kind of the only guy who would take the job and WB had to with him. 

What is amusing about Snyder and MOS is that just after he started filming MOS, 'Sucker Punch" opened and bombed badly, and a week after they announced that Chris Nolan has been brought in to be a producer on MOS. Not a coincidence.