kayumanggi

Thursday (03.29) 8.17 M THE HUNGER GAMES

Not sure if the Twilight album was #1 though. I'll have to do some checking.

It was, need to do some more research, but I recently read that Twilight movie and album were #1 at the same time.

You know what's coming.... "Stronger Thursday than expected... obviously this means there will be only 90% increase on Friday!"

lol, no doubt, film will set things straight in the end.

THG's 8.1m Thursday had a 75% retention of its 10.8m Monday. A look at how other pre-Summer huge openers did.SM1: 7.5m/11m: 68%IM1: 5.3m/7m: 76%IM2: 6.3m/9.4m: 67%X2: 4.6m/6.5m: 71%AIW: 6.8m/9m: 76%SM3: 5.9m/10.3m: 57%Looks like THG followed some of these films pattern's pretty closely. The lowest Friday increase out of all of these films was 140% which was IM2. THG should at least match that and then some.

• Like 2

THG's 8.1m Thursday had a 75% retention of its 10.8m Monday. A look at how other pre-Summer huge openers did.SM1: 7.5m/11m: 68%IM1: 5.3m/7m: 76%IM2: 6.3m/9.4m: 67%X2: 4.6m/6.5m: 71%AIW: 6.8m/9m: 76%SM3: 5.9m/10.3m: 57%Looks like THG followed some of these films pattern's pretty closely. The lowest Friday increase out of all of these films was 140% which was IM2. THG should at least match that and then some.

I like these trends better than age trends :D

I had put this in the Wednesday thread, but it can go in here too:Weekend predictions for THG:BO.com - 72mGuru - 69BOM - 71Weekend Warrior - 68xiayun - 68I'm guessing 65+

I'm with you, I'm guessing between 65-68. Anything more than that would be amazing!

THG's 8.1m Thursday had a 75% retention of its 10.8m Monday. A look at how other pre-Summer huge openers did.

SM1: 7.5m/11m: 68%

IM1: 5.3m/7m: 76%

IM2: 6.3m/9.4m: 67%

X2: 4.6m/6.5m: 71%

AIW: 6.8m/9m: 76%

SM3: 5.9m/10.3m: 57%

Looks like THG followed some of these films pattern's pretty closely. The lowest Friday increase out of all of these films was 140% which was IM2. THG should at least match that and then some.

Superhero films have some of the worst 7 day to 2nd wknd retention ever, even TDK only made 31% of its 7 day in wknd 2, as did every superhero film listed except spider-man1 (we dont want the film fallowing that trajectory, would mean another 100m+ wknd). Overall I think the film is safe for minimum 35%+ 7-day retention, so 67m+ is coming up. I personally thin 40% + retention is in play.

EDIT, Iron-Man had 40% retention, as did AIW. Only the sequels failed to reach 40% retention.

Edited by B J

You mean the one that used totally non-comparable films like The Lorax and John Carter? Yeah, I didn't like that one much either. :D

Brother, if you could read worth a damn, you wouldn't be saying that.

There is a big difference in finding a TREND and comparing similar films.A little Chemistry tutorial as a bonus for an example to illustrate the difference. Ionization potentials of elements across a period:Sodium (Group 1): 5.1Magnesium (Group 2): 7.6Chlorine (Group 7): 13.0Now if I had to guess the Ionization potential of Sulphur (Group 6), I would guess something around 11-12 (It is 10.4 actually). Now that is using the trend across a period, not that I am saying that Sulfur is similar to Sodium or Chlorine.Give up a big round of applause if my point got through.