Eric Duncan

Disney+ MCU: Secret Invasion | Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn and Olivia Colman

6 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

GoldDerby says this is being submitted for Limited Series Emmy for this current year. Under new rules, that means all episodes must air by May 31st. So that means premiere is, at latest, April 26th.

Gotta say I was not a fan when the tv shows overlapped with the movies last year and in 2021. Hope they stop doing that going forwards but SI might have to if it has connections to The Marvels

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thajdikt said:

Gotta say I was not a fan when the tv shows overlapped with the movies last year and in 2021. Hope they stop doing that going forwards but SI might have to if it has connections to The Marvels

I don't really see how that'd be an issue. It's not like movies come out on Wednesdays 

Not sure what this means for Secret Invasion but Kevin Feige recently said this in an interview:

The pace at which we're putting out the Disney+ shows will change so they can each get a chance to shine.

Marvel's Kevin Feige talks Phase 5, Kang, and the future of the MCU | EW.com

He also said:

We want to do shows that can only be shows. I want to continue to make them even more episodic, which may seem counterintuitive. But I do think there is something fun  about leaning back and watching an episode that can be relatively self-contained.

Edited by poweranimals

I think this show will really benefit from that we haven´t had a MCU D+ show since October. This is how it should be imo. Really spaced out and not 4 shows in 8 months. Show looks to have a more serious tone than She-Hulk and Ms.Marvel aswell. Only thing that worries me is the 6-episode format.

25 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I wonder if this means an April 26th premiere for this is possible. The only issue is that they may not want to have it run against the Guardians volume 3 release.

Plausible, especially with that GoldDerby Emmy rumor mentioned up thread.  If so, an announcement would probably come soon-ish.  Shortly after the Mando season premiere.

As for overlapping with GOTG3, Marvel has had shows and movies overlap before.  Can't recall any specifics for last year, but I do recall Black Widow getting sizable boosts in pre-sales whenever a Loki episode dropped.  Perhaps in a synergistic sort of way (reminded about Marvel?  Oh yeah, film coming out — might as well by tickets).

If not, or if that GoldDerby rumor is wrong/plans changed, then the next most logical landing spot is shortly after GOTG3 bows.  Maybe even the Wed after release if they don't think it'll take much from the second weekend's gross (and it really shouldn't).

Still, do think things are as much up in the air scheduling wise as they've ever been for Disney Plus High Profile Properties.  For multiple reasons (which have been hashed pretty throughly so now it's just a matter of seeing just how it all plays out).

• Like 1

Unlike what a bunch of reporting is saying, this is NOT an official annoucement (I'll explain why in a bit), but...

The source is the following:

FsQKaHeWIBE2yrg?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Problem is, not-accompanied-by-a-PR-blast information on landing pages can be extremely spotty, as seen by various schedule slips over in SW land.  This is better treated as a leak until there is an actual presser.

Still... This is a fairly likely date now.

Hope folks don't mind waiting for it!

Edited by Porthos
  • Astonished 1

31 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I just looked on Disney Plus and this was nowhere to be found.

Yeah, as I noted in the D+ thread a while back, the landing page isn't available via in-app search like normal. Which is... curious.

The landing pagecan be found via Google, though.

*double checks*

Not anymore! Said landing page has been YOINKED by Disney.  So, def premature.  We'll see if it is indeed official or not.

(FWIW, when I personally viewed it about an hour ago it was indeed saying June 21st)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

Yeah, as I noted in the D+ thread a while back, the landing page isn't available via in-app search like normal. Which is... curious.

The landing pagecan be found via Google, though.

*double checks*

Not anymore! Said landing page has been YOINKED by Disney.  So, def premature.  We'll see if it is indeed official or not.

(FWIW, when I personally viewed it about an hour ago it was indeed saying June 21st)

Interesting if true. I wonder why they decided to wait until June 21st. That's definitely not the spring release they had originally planned. Makes me wonder if they're going to go right into Loki season 2 afterward or it'll be another long wait for that.

Edited by poweranimals

If it´s June 21st then it would be 8 months from the last episode of She-Hulk. A much needed break. Hopefully they market it well and it feels like a event like Feige has teased it. This has been the show I´ve been most excited about for a long time but that has kinda faded the last 6 months 

Edited by thajdikt

On 2/14/2023 at 11:29 AM, poweranimals said:

Not sure what this means for Secret Invasion but Kevin Feige recently said this in an interview:

Marvel's Kevin Feige talks Phase 5, Kang, and the future of the MCU | EW.com

He also said:

Yeah,no doubt the Marvel product was really packed too close together for hte past couple of years; spacing out the D+ Marvel series is a very good idea.

10 hours ago, thajdikt said:

If it´s June 21st then it would be 8 months from the last episode of She-Hulk. A much needed break. Hopefully they market it well and it feels like a event like Feige has teased it. This has been the show I´ve been most excited about for a long time but that has kinda faded the last 6 months 

Problem is that one Disney Plus Marvle series right after another really did cause burn out. A break was needed.

The 2022 shows felt very rushed, the first D+ shows looked good and actually felt like big budget series. The 2022 not so much. Not only burn out but the specialness of the shows kinda faded. Spreading them out regardless of quality is better. Like it was no need for She-Hulk to come out in August when the vfx were far from being ready. As we all know Marvel works on their projects until the end so chances are that spreading them out will also increase the quality. None of the shows have really gotten bad reviews yet so I´m hopeful for the show. The talent working behind the scenes are arguably the best the MCU has had so far for a show. But you never know. I´m just thinking that the VFX probably is so much better now that is releasing in June rather than early 2023 as planned. I want this show in particular to have that high big budget value.

I hope they go for 2 shows a year going forward. They may have to release 3 next year given they have a couple lined up but I hope going forward that they target 2 shows. It´s more than enough with 3 movies and I´m sure they are making some holiday themed specials aswell.