Eric Duncan

Disney+ MCU: Secret Invasion | Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn and Olivia Colman

Solid episode like fury ,cobie and Talos but skrull side of things feels generic  for now and some backstory that would have been interesting is just given in lazy exposition.

MCU post phase 3 definitely has a world building problem.  Another major faction that is a world threat and has been there for sometime...but you definitely feel it was just put there in the present  and just given a history . I know they wouldn't have planned for it back then but using maybe flashbacks , or setting up tidbits in previous marvel phase 4 installments which you then develop and payoff in this.

Will see how it goes but think this should have an avengers movie  acting as an introduction to the new team before we get into meat  of the multiversal storyline in the KD/SW 2 parter.

Or a civil war type story like you know maybe a hypothetical captain marvel 2: secret invasion since they were heavily involved  in the first CM. That would have been a better sale than " the marvels" with two characters the audience barely knows.

3 hours ago, TMP said:

wtf

I think I am on the minority, but I kind of love it. Looks terrible while working thematically within the series.

That said, they are getting massive blowback for it (again, makes sense. AI art is garbage).  So we will see if this was just a one off or the beginning of the end. 

Have yet to watch cause my days just don’t stop anymore. An hour to myself!? What is that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

don't tell me this apparent mediocre show is trying to find a way to ruin an actual good product

No, lol. That’s the first thing I thought. Look closely. It’s just smart viral marketing, nothing about Vol. 3 itself.

It's trying to be a spy thiller, but .so far, does not quite make it.

SOme of the climax of episode one was lifted wholesale out of a George Clooney/Nicole Kidman thriller about stolen Nukes called 'Peacemaker".