Eric the Ape

Disney+ MCU: Secret Invasion | Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn and Olivia Colman

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Give me an Olivia Colman led MCU show. Give her the MI6, Excalibur or whatever. Link her with the Braddocks, let’s bring Elizabeth and Brian into the fold. 

I personally buy the theory that she's actually a Kree.

She's the only thing with energy or life in this show. Everything else is muddled corner cutting and plot convenience at best.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

Olivia Colman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rest of the show.

Gravec is an absolute piece of shit. Slowly devolved into simply one of the worst MCU villians. He was just servicable in the first 2 episodes after that he has been on freefall

Mechanics of the harvest plotline are straight up laughably dumb.

Spoiler

Collect avengers blood from the aftermath  of a battlefield!!! So skrulls would go searching for avenger blood samples in all that carnage lol.

Know this is a superhero movie but the writer just made up this shit on spot and it sounds ridiculous.

Another dumb moment . Hey fury why didn't you involve the avengers?

It's personal!!! Skrulls have infiltrated the governments. This such a dumb line for a character with fury's history to say.

This is a common area where as the audience have to suspend our disbelief but other movies and shows don't reference it at all which is good but when you decide to look for a way to address it ,you invite the viewer to think about it and how ridiculous it is avengers never appear for some of this events esp if you give a weak reasoning.

Yeah this are definitely nitpicky but it just shows how lazy and lacking the script is.

Emilia Clarke was in this for the paycheck. She doesn't give a fuck.

Last 3 episodes have been close to sitcom length  and overall it feels like fiege ,team and writers gave up on the show and just wanted to rid themselves of it. With exception of Colman, everyone else looks bored.

• Like 3

This storyline should have been an actual Avengers movie like the comic. This show is just outright boring. They should have scraped it when the scripts started coming in, but I guess at the time, they had to meet the Disney+ quota. Well, hopefully, they really do cut down on the shows and focus on 1-2 quality shows per year and maybe 1-2 one-shots

Edited by CloneWars
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enjoying the show well enough but as somebody who has actually liked/loved all of the MCU shows up to this point (outside of What If...?, that show sucks) this just isn't doing it for me. I don't even think the episodes are bad, they just lack an "oomph" that I think it needs to really stand out.

It's taking the safest possible route with it's story, which is partly the issue.

On 7/12/2023 at 9:00 PM, Menor Reborn said:

Yeah this show pretty much sucks. I have found all the previous MCU shows to be at least decent, this one I'm having to force myself through. Nothing makes any sense and nothing has any weight.

So, I'm through 3 episodes and I'm waiting for Nick Fury to be a hero b/c right now, after 3 episodes, I'm watching Skrulls battle each other while Nick Fury is the weakest, most powerless, non-Nick Fury guy around.

I mean, this isn't like they rebooted the character, so they could decide to make a non-bad-a$$ Nick Fury.  This is the same guy from all the other shows.  When did everything he ever did get boiled down to "well, we skrulls did everything for you, so sit there and let us keep doing it, you lying promise breaker."  I dunno.  It's just not the invasion or Nick Fury I thought I was gonna get.  Maybe the last 3 episodes get better...

Wow. This is a boring shit show. 

As a long time comicbook fan im so angry at Disney/Feige to waste so much potential that this had. I was so looking forward to this. Bad script and lazy acting except Coleman. No action and soulless 

I HATED She-Hulk. But this is much worse because they totally dropped the ball on a fantastic story

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, I'm through 3 episodes and I'm waiting for Nick Fury to be a hero b/c right now, after 3 episodes, I'm watching Skrulls battle each other while Nick Fury is the weakest, most powerless, non-Nick Fury guy around.

I mean, this isn't like they rebooted the character, so they could decide to make a non-bad-a$$ Nick Fury.  This is the same guy from all the other shows.  When did everything he ever did get boiled down to "well, we skrulls did everything for you, so sit there and let us keep doing it, you lying promise breaker."  I dunno.  It's just not the invasion or Nick Fury I thought I was gonna get.  Maybe the last 3 episodes get better...

It only gets worse and worse.

Spoiler

I think they are pulling a The Winter Soldier on us. I don’t think Maria Hill is actually dead, but working undercover. Remember how we legit thought that Fury died in TWS and Maria covered that perfectly to take down Hydra? I think the same thing is at play here. I think that’s who Fury was talking at the phone by the end of the 5th episode. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CloneWars said:

This show has flopped so hard that Disney put the first three episodes on hulu. The first for a MCU Disney+ series 

Nielsen says otherwise:

image-3.png?resize=910,511

Secret Invasion, the new MCU show that Samba reported as the "second least watched MCU show"  actually looks good at first, here right? I mean, it’s the single show with only one episode, and it ranks at the 5th place there between 06/19 and 06/25 461 million minutes viewed, compare it with what all the whole doom and gloom that came out of the Samba debacle it looks pretty good, isn’t it? I mean even we compare with Black Mirror, which seems to gauge all the episodes watched from that series on that time period and not really just the first episode, it seems quite strong.

In fact, if we take Nielsen at face value, an actual reliable and known source unlike Samba, Secret Invasion is the third biggest debut for a Marvel Studios series:

Nevermind that this comes from a stan Emilia Clarke account, I personally checked the data, but if you are free to do your own research if you want. I’m not saying that Nielsen is completely trustworthy when it comes to streaming, btw. I’m saying the opposite, in fact I’m saying that it’s an unreliable source, like this THR report explains. But I am definitely saying that it’s a more reliable source than Samba. 

America (and Brazil, and well, the world) need to learn more about how to not fall for bogus unreliable shit they see it in the internet. All of that wouldn’t be necessary if the streaming services shared their actual viewing numbers with a third party.  That’s one of the main reasons actors and writers are striking by the way, no one really knows how much  viewings these shows get: not Nielsen and most definitely not, not Samba.

More on the subject Nielsen x Samba:

https://www.comparably.com/competitors/nielsen-vs-samba-tv

Also, please know that when you believe these silly flame wars narratives created out of bullshit data, you are siding with shit like this:

Baseless, conspiracy driven drivel. And we all know you are better than this. If you are interested, take a read on the article I’ve linked you and take a look at the Disney thread on the main board. Porthos explained way better than I could.

Edited by ZattMurdock

So, I'm caught up...and well, not sure what this show ever was supposed to be, but if it was to make Nick Fury useless, compromised, and old, and have Skrulls screw around for 5/6ths of the run as the most ineffective, ultra-powered folks ever - mission accomplished.

On 7/12/2023 at 6:37 PM, John Marston said:

Jesus Christ, what did they spend the money on? Nothink I have seen in the show so far should have cost that much money.

I really thought the show had found it's groove with Episode 2, but that has been the only really good episode.

I'll take both the original and the 1978 'Invasion Of the Body Snatchers" over this easy. Pretty sure back in 1961 Lee and Kirby "Borrowed" the whole idea of the Sktrulls from the novel and 1958 film version of "Body Snatchers".

I have been over all a pretty big fan of the MCU,but I  am not going to blindly "stan" and support Marvel when it put out bad or inferior products. That is what I don't like about the over the top fanboys, they will defend any POS if it has the right brand on it.