Fake

Friday Numbers

how come people actually had a hard time believing HG would be somewhat frontloaded?

I don't even think 60% is that big a drop. I thought it would be closer to 65%. This is the biggest opening weekend for a non sequel ever. It has to drop significantly......it just has to.

3D assistance should keep it over 200m, though the percentage drop will be massive indeed. Clash to Wrath is the first 3D to 3D drop we have seen, luckily for Spidey tit wont look quite so bad as it actually is, thanks to spiey-3 lacking 3D.

3D didn't get Captain America or Thor to $200 million. Why would Spidey be the exception?

3D didn't get Captain America or Thor to $200 million. Why would Spidey be the exception?

It goes Batman, Spider-Man, Superman everything else with CBM (at the moment). Neither Thor/CA fit in those categories. Thats one reason, weren't 3D spectacles like Avatar (must see event). Spidey is the exception because look at the previous 3 movies over 300M I can guarantee you that with the Batman reboot no one will be predicting under 200M and its 3 last films will not have been all over 300M.

Anyone else having problems getting to the first unread post? It's making it difficult keeping up on my phone.

Yeah it's been disabled because the forum's currently running at performance mode to fix some issues. Kinda annoying...

Check the ticket sales of the previous 3 installments, even spidey3 sold 48m tickets, a 50% drop would give the new film a 189m top out without 3D assistance, with 3D assistance it should easily clear 200m, that is unless it is as big a dud as spidey3 was.

I`m devastated. It`s a good movie, why a drop worse than any twilight? Fuck Robsessed! Fuck then in their stupid asses! Seriously, get a life. That jerk and the yam-nosed one act like they are reading from a phone book. WHY THE FUCK A BETTER HOLD????

The "Oh but it's Spider-Man!" logic is weak sauce when you look at how Batman Begins and Superman Returns both struggled to $200 million. Barely crossed it.

BB came of Batman and Robin which struggled past 100M (183M; still under 200M), so the franchise had to reboot with Begins. TASM is coming of an 800M+/300M+ movie so with that logic 200M is a lock. Looking at Superman is pointless considering it was decades since the last one.

Is The Dark Knight's 52% drop the best second weekend drop for a $100 million+ 3-day opening?

Not even close, Its not even the best for a sequel. Spider-Man only dropped 36%, and it looks like Toy Story 3 holds the best drop for a 100m+ sequel.

EDIT: the best sequel drop is Shrek 2 at 33%

Edited by B J

Is The Dark Knight's 52% drop the best second weekend drop for a $100 million+ 3-day opening?

EDIT: Nope. Spider-Man. 38% drop in weekend #2. Damn.

Was just about to post that. SM1 was a champ during its run. In the 2000s it would probably go like this: MBFGW/Avatar, SM1, TDK.

BB came of Batman and Robin which struggled past 100M (183M; still under 200M), so the franchise had to reboot with Begins. TASM is coming of an 800M+/300M+ movie so with that logic 200M is a lock. Looking at Superman is pointless considering it was decades since the last one.

A $300 million+ last installment that was universally hated (Biggest second weekend drop in that series), starting everything over with a new cast (after the public knows the Raimi cast as those characters), retreading the same territory ten years on and nowhere near the enthusiasm from the masses or fandom. That should always be taken into account...and it never does as we're seeing with Wrath of the Titans. Ditto First Class and Pirates 4 last year.

Huge Superman fan (I'm the guy who loved Returns - Hi, pleased to meet ya!) but I know The Man of Steel has a big uphill battle ahead of it thanks to the mixed reception of the last film. Its release sucking doesn't help matters either.

Edited by filmnerdjamie