Eric S'ennui

The Lost City | AKA, Not Romancing The Stone, Honestly We Swear | March 25, 2022 | Sandra Bullock, Channing Tatum | Hits Paramount+ May 10!

Fucked up and booked my tickets for the wrong AMC and only realised after I got to the cinema. Ended up watching this at local regal instead. This was so mid and I hate that I wasted an extra hour (how long it to took me to go to the AMC cinema and back) to watch this.

Tatum, Pitt, and Harrison all funny. Everything else not so much. Tatum and Bullock don't even have much chemistry. Barely better than Jungle Cruise.

What was the budget for this since it seems to be in that "it will make a profit if they kept the budget down" type of film.

Not surprised it is being called a replay of the "Romancing The Stone" formual because that is just what it looked like.

Edited by dudalb

26 minutes ago, dudalb said:

What was the budget for this since it seems to be in that "it will make a profit if they kept the budget down" type of film.

Not surprised it is being called a replay of the "Romancing The Stone" formual because that is just what it looked like.

67M allegedly 

Also watched this tonight. 

Was funny and entertaining throughout. All the leads absolutely killing it with their comedic timing and has just the right amount of earnestness. A few shaky green screens but also a solid amount of actual locations. Manages to feel more adventurous than Uncharted did. It wont blow your mind, but it's a guaranteed good time at the theatres. 

Edited by FilmFincher
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

This achieved exactly what it set out to do. 

Lighthearted, funny and entertaining throughout with two very likeable leads. And plenty of Channing’s general attractiveness on show. 

I just saw a gif with that

Spoiler

"Why are you so handsome?"

exchange and was sold right there. 😆

Edited by A Star is Orm
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, CJohn said:

This is gonna be a nailbitter until the end. Likely gonna end with 98M or so.

This 2 weeks very important since little new movies come out that should allow some strong hold and hit the finish line.