TMP

Napoleon | Sony/Apple | November 22, 2023 | Joaquin Phoenix is Napoleon | Ridley Scott

I was certain this would be a butchered theatrical cut because Scott kept going out of his way to talk about how much he had to cut and to hear it's great makes this feel even more disappointing haha. Still seeing it in IMAX but worried I'll be thinking about the incredible 4 hour cut the whole time

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

I was certain this would be a butchered theatrical cut because Scott kept going out of his way to talk about how much he had to cut and to hear it's great makes this feel even more disappointing haha. Still seeing it in IMAX but worried I'll be thinking about the incredible 4 hour cut the whole time

mfw I see a butchered theatrical Ridley Scott cut

370056495_851434056720039_60717952685174

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

not amazing reactions but def better than I expected. reminds me of the last duel that was one some critics called surprisingly funny also.

I guess this won’t be serious oscar contender after all outside of some technical stuff.

also Ridley scott has been doing some unexpected funny stuff to his film. The martian also got some “unexpectedly funny” kind of comment when the movie first got released. 

Just now, Borobudur said:

As long as it is certified fresh, this is pulling some serious segment of the casual moviegoers. 

I fail to see why people think this. Ridley has honestly never hit with a movie like this with the GA, and the times he’s hit at all this century are Denzel’s usual box office pull + The Martian. 

55 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I fail to see why people think this. Ridley has honestly never hit with a movie like this with the GA, and the times he’s hit at all this century are Denzel’s usual box office pull + The Martian. 

This movie WILL be a hit. It’s the only movie i’ve seen any grown adult talk about so i think it might bring in tnay crowd

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Reviews seem fine/good by Ridley standards, but I don’t think that’s enough for a breakout and big Oscar chances. Needed exceptional reception 

We don't know audience reception yet, Gladiator critics RT is in 70s and metacritic in 60s, it means nothing until audience is judge.

10 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

We don't know audience reception yet, Gladiator critics RT is in 70s and metacritic in 60s, it means nothing until audience is judge.

That’s irrelevant though because if todays critics reviewed Gladiator it would probably be hailed as the rebirth of cinema with a 9.0 RT average or something.

Edited by MovieMan89