Porthos

Ahsoka Live Action Series | Disney Plus | August 23

8 minutes ago, Menor said:

Flashbacks to the Twilight of the Apprentice duel as exposition for fans not familiar with the animated series? 

Or even Round Two sometime during the OT.

Not something I'd actually want since as it stands currently Vader had every reason to believe she is dead after their first meeting.  Not to mention Twilight of the Apprentice is prob in my Top Ten Best SW ever.

Then again, that's never stopped SW writers before, so...

====

Although, as a side point, I am reminded that the Emperor is aware that Ahsoka Lives post-Mustafar due to their interaction in the World Between Worlds. Probably.  Timey-wimey stuff complicates matters here.  

And if the Emperor knows she lives, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he sends Vader to go looking for her.

Though how Vader is convinced to leave her alive/not keep going after her Terminator style after a second meeting I am less able to rationalize (which is why I would prefer not to have Vader and Ahsoka cross swords one more time). 

Edited by Porthos

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Or even Round Two sometime during the OT.

Not something I'd actually want since as it stands currently Vader had every reason to believe she is dead after their first meeting.  Not to mention Twilight of the Apprentice is prob in my Top Ten Best SW ever.

Then again, that's never stopped SW writers before, so...

====

Although, as a side point, I am reminded that the Emperor is aware that Ahsoka Lives post-Mustafar due to their interaction in the World Between Worlds. Probably.  Timey-wimey stuff complicates matters here.  

And if the Emperor knows she lives, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he sends Vader to go looking for her.

Though how Vader is convinced to leave her alive/not keep going after her Terminator style after a second meeting I am less able to rationalize (which is why I would prefer not to have Vader and Ahsoka cross swords one more time). 

Oh boy. I could see that but would not be a fan. Ahsoka even being involved with the galactic civil war just opens up a huge can of worms. Would prefer if she was doing some mystic Force stuff.

• Like 3

I think to make things easier for people who only saw Ahsoka in the Mandalorian the show will jump straight forward from that episode with her Thrawn search. I do hope though we get inklings of what she was doing after she escaped the WBW to now (and it does depend on whether that Rebels epilogue takes place pre or post-Mandalorian S2). 

I wouldn't want Vader to appear mainly because I don't think a second appearance will say or do much for the relationship with Ahsoka that wasn't already done with Twilight of the Apprentice which agreed one of the best Star Wars moments onscreen ever. I'm already wary of Vader meeting Obi-Wan in the Kenobi show. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I think to make things easier for people who only saw Ahsoka in the Mandalorian the show will jump straight forward from that episode with her Thrawn search. I do hope though we get inklings of what she was doing after she escaped the WBW to now (and it does depend on whether that Rebels epilogue takes place pre or post-Mandalorian S2). 

One thing I've seen theorized today is that her meeting/adventure with a Force Ghost Anakin is the part of the journey which gives her enough closure on one chapter of her life to go from Ahsoka the Grey to Ahsoka the White:

Filoni loves his Tolkien after all.

Knowing Filoni, such an adventure/meeting could be filled with a bunch of Force Weirdness and whatnot and possibly have some sort of transformative allegories attached to it.

I wouldn't want Vader to appear mainly because I don't think a second appearance will say or do much for the relationship with Ahsoka that wasn't already done with Twilight of the Apprentice which agreed one of the best Star Wars moments onscreen ever. I'm already wary of Vader meeting Obi-Wan in the Kenobi show. 

Relatedly, that's why I would be wary of a Ahsoka/Vader Part Deux, as that could travel very similar ground to Kenobi, if they're not too careful.  That is, Vader is forced not to go after Old Ghosts/eradicate former Jedi for reasons.  Gonna be hard enough to come up for a satisfactory reason in Kenobi.  Going to the well twice is asking for trouble.

(though, then again, never stopped the Republic Serials that SW has its roots in, so....) 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4

Some folks have absolutely no chill/filter when it comes to leaks. :lol:

1tqvh8py63v71.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

She very quickly deleted it, apparently. Guess the Mouse had snipers up and about and gave her a little talking to. ;)

(h/t SWLeaks)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Haven't seen her in anything but she has the look for the character which is great. Oh she's an Aussie too which is a bonus! I would have been alright with Tiya Sicar but I'm glad they went with someone of Asian decent as well. 

Sabine appearing means this probably has the show take place after the Rebels finale then. 

• Like 1

2zz0b6884sc81.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

Ahsoka starts filming this month, according to Production Weekly

h/t SW Leaks over on reddit.

====

Presuming a seven to eight month shooting schedule like most of the other live-actions series so far and then about a six to seven month post, that would put it in the Feb/March/April range of 2023.  Should hopefully be right after whenever Mando S3 is done.

(also have a wrap date for Mando S3 [March 23, 2022], which points to maaaaaybe a Nov '22 launch — but then again who knows how much Disney wants potential overlap between Marvel and SW/how much they want to avoid long gaps between SW shows)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2