A Marvel Fanboy

Weekend estimates (3.30~4.1) THG 61 mill

There's a good chance that we will have 2 movies join the 100 million club in the next couple of days (21 Jump Street and Journey 2)

Edited by forg

There's a good chance that we will have 2 movies join the 100 million club in the next couple of days (21 Jump Street and Journey 2)

21JS won't get there until Friday at the earliest, Journey probably next Sunday.

This is going to sound bizarre, but I enjoyed WOTT more than Hunger Games, probably because my expectations were so low for Wrath and so high for HG.

I agree with you. WoTT was more enjoyable than THG (but the latter was a much better film overall).WoTT is a great film for young males, but admittedly there is nothing there for other demos.

Nothing wrong with 61M. Remember also the IMAX loss. Looking at WotT's abysmal IMAX #s, I bet they're regretting that contract with WB right about now.

Wouldn't have made that big of a difference. WoTT made 5M+ whereas THG would have made ~6M.

I'm impressed with theHG 250m in 10 days.

I'm impressed with 21 Jumpstreet's fantastic 29% hold.

I'm impressed with Salmon Fishing's 7th place showing in less than 500 theaters.

Damn Nikki! Overestimated THG again last night! :angry: 26m Saturday my ass! 61m is definitely disappointing for where I thought it would end up. Guess I have to eat some light crow on that one. On the plus side though it's still nowhere even close to a Twilight 2nd weekend drop.

So is 61M good or bad for THG?

Pretty middle of the road. I personally find it disappointing since I was hoping it could hold more like a non-sequel despite the OW, but given its massive OW it could have been New Moon/DH2 frontloaded so it's not bad either.