A Marvel Fanboy

Weekend estimates (3.30~4.1) THG 61 mill

Fake and Baumer seem really chipper this morning. I wonder why? :PSlightly dissapointed by that Saturday increase. After having such an impressive Saturday last week you would think that this would've performed better. 380-385m is a reasonable finishing point. Selling more tickets than a finale of the biggest franchise ever, not too shabby.

Fake and Baumer seem really chipper this morning. I wonder why? :PSlightly dissapointed by that Saturday increase. After having such an impressive Saturday last week you would think that this would've performed better. 380-385m is a reasonable finishing point. Selling more tickets than a finale of the biggest franchise ever, not too shabby.

I'm not chipper, my tone has remained the same since Monday when the number came out. I was just more realistic than some of the loonies were. :P

I'm not chipper, my tone has remained the same since Monday when the number came out. I was just more realistic than some of the loonies were. :P

And yet THG still held a whopping 11 percent better than New Moon's and 13 percent better than DH2's 2nd weekend drop. :D

And yet THG still held a whopping 11 percent better than New Moon's and 13 percent better than DH2's 2nd weekend drop. :D

But what does that have to do with anything?

Perhaps. The weekday numbers were prefectly fine, it just couldn't increase enough on Friday and Saturday to make up for its massive Friday to Friday drop. I'm not entirely doubtful about this film, most films level out after their 2nd weekend drop so maybe we can see some decent holds in April which looks like a pretty weak BO month IMO.

Well that it's not nearly as frontloaded as those of course, which is what some were suggesting.

Who exactly was saying this would be as front loaded as Twilight? Find me one person.

Perhaps. The weekday numbers were prefectly fine, it just couldn't increase enough on Friday and Saturday to make up for its massive Friday to Friday drop. I'm not entirely doubtful about this film, most films level out after their 2nd weekend drop so maybe we can see some decent holds in April which looks like a pretty weak BO month IMO.

Yes, the numbers were fine but nothing out of the ordinary which is why i called for a 125% increase on Friday, a 30% increase on Saturday and a 32% decrease on Sunday. Too many of the loonies just grabbed Alice's increases and plopped them onto THG, which was incredibly naive to do so.

Who exactly was saying this would be as front loaded as Twilight? Find me one person.

Um weren't you yourself saying it would act far more like New Moon and Breaking Dawn with like a 2.2 multiplier when it opened last weekend? I think we can officially rule out a multi that low now.

Yes, the numbers were fine but nothing out of the ordinary which is why i called for a 125% increase on Friday, a 30% increase on Saturday and a 32% decrease on Sunday. Too many of the loonies just grabbed Alice's increases and plopped them onto THG, which was incredibly naive to do so.

Yes, we got ahead of ourselves. There was still hope that this could have performed more like a non-sequel despite its huge opening. If it had truly reached phenomena status that some of us thought we could have potentially seen a run in the vain of SM1 or HP1. The one positive of this is that I think this now enables Catching Fire room to grow within the franchise. If THG cruised to 400m+, I don't think that would've happened.

Just a case of people getting excited about a film they like doing so well. It happens all the time. I remember someone on here creating a New Moon over 350m club after its OW. I wonder who that was? ;)

Um weren't you yourself saying it would act far more like New Moon and Breaking Dawn with like a 2.2 multiplier when it opened last weekend? I think we can officially rule out a multi that low now.

I never said it would drop 70% in the second weekend. And I said it would have 2.3 multiplier to hit 350. I never said it would drop in its second weekend like Twilight.

Yes, we got ahead of ourselves. There was still hope that this could have performed more like a non-sequel despite its huge opening. If it had truly reached phenomena status that some of us thought we could have potentially seen a run in the vain of SM1 or HP1. The one positive of this is that I think this now enables Catching Fire room to grow within the franchise. If THG cruised to 400m+, I don't think that would've happened.Just a case of people getting excited about a film they like doing so well. It happens all the time. I remember someone on here creating a New Moon over 350m club after its OW. I wonder who that was? ;)

I don't think that was me. I created a NM over 100 OW club.

My initial prediction was 65-68M. Was less, and I'm man enough to say I was wrong. With Titanic coming out on Wednesday, I feel that'll eat up a lot of business for the twenty-somethings who were young 13-year olds when Titanic initally came out. Still, I can see enough repeat business for a modest 55% drop next week.

My initial prediction was 65-68M. Was less, and I'm man enough to say I was wrong. With Titanic coming out on Wednesday, I feel that'll eat up a lot of business for the twenty-somethings who were young 13-year olds when Titanic initally came out. Still, I can see enough repeat business for a modest 55% drop next week.

55% drop next week would be pretty bad for THG. Even SM3 dropped only 50% and that was when Shrek 3 came out with a 122m OW. Titanic and American Reunion will be lucky to create half of that. I think THG can drop 40-45% next weekend.

I think American Reunion hits 35 and THG slides to about 32.

I think there is a good chance of that, too, as there aren't many movies out there catering to adult men (and a lot of women). There has been a dearth of adult comedies for months so THG has a shot at 35+.