cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

3 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

The US media thought Joker was dangerous and would inspire mass shootings (lol), which explains the low RT score.

Outside of the US where US politics isn't a factor obviously, Joker received acclaim from critics.

Lmao fr 😂. The media gets triggered over nothing

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Welcbr12 said:

Maybe middle to high seventy's now? 

Screenshot-20230817-182218-Browser.jpg

that’s what I’m thinking. Maybe around 77% 

the negative reviews seem to be coming from the critics facing superhero fatigue, at least that’s what I get from the reviews. 

Generic plot, that’s held together by a focus on Latino culture/family and a strong performance from Xolo. Actions seems like it’ll be good. Hoping for strong WOM 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HummingLemon said:

Do you guys think this will beat Wonder Woman's 3.99x to have the best legs for an MCU/DCEU film? (Far From Home and Aquaman don't count because Far From Home was a Tuesday release and Aquaman was a Christmas release)

If it was released during the height of the summer season or Christmas, I could see it happening but not now with its release spot and schools slowly coming into session again. Not to mention losing PLFs in a week 

Edited by Megajohn01
Added more reasons

We just got back and this was a nice little matinee to be honest.  I loved all of the parts with Jaime and his family.  The action sequences were ok,  decent.  There's definitely some "been there, done that"  to this movie that makes it feel a bit generic but I think everything with the family makes this movie rise above some of the other recent CBM's I've seen recently.  We liked it.  Obviously not a big crowd at the theater probably about 15 people total. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Bob Train said:

The US media thought Joker was dangerous and would inspire/glorify mass shootings (lol), which explains the low RT score.

Outside of the US where US politics isn't a factor obviously, Joker received acclaim from critics.

I mean mass shooters in the USA do love similar movies ( Taxi driver which was a major influence for joker and Falling Down [ which was directed by a man who do multiple Batman movies.] come to mind) to so the fear wasn't unfounded.

• Knock It Off 2

Watched it here in Singapore last night, a refreshing superhero origin story which has a lot of heart + humour. My theater ate it up.

Hope it has good legs.

One line was unneccessary though,  WB should remove it and get it shown in China...

• Haha 1

Currently at 78% with 115 reviews and a 6.4 average rating. Not to sound like a jerk but these reviews aren't as rave as they seemed like at first. But Aquaman had positive WOM despite mixed reviews so I think we should wait for the CinemaScore. An A or A- would be fine.

Edited by HummingLemon