cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

12 minutes ago, HummingLemon said:

It's basically a guaranteed flop from this low of an OW. But at least it won't be as much of a bomb as people were expecting a month ago, the good legs will just be about minimizing losses at this point

Dude get a life lol

13 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Dude get a life lol

And what did I do wrong exactly? I'm not gonna sugar-coat it to be "nice" or to "not hurt this film's feelings" or whatever. Barring absolutely insane legs, there is just flat-out no way this breaks-even (if the $21.5M OW is true).

Edited by HummingLemon
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

6 hours ago, toutvabien said:

IIRC Multiverse of Madness never got the Certified Fresh status. Unless I'm remembering it all wrong. I remember it flactuating in the low-to-mid 70s for a while there but never hitting 75 long enough to gain it.

It definitely had the Certified Fresh status. I remember it very well.

3 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

I’m honestly surprised I thought it would get an A- at worst based on the critic/audience reviews, even if the reviews weren’t glowing.

I enjoyed it, but anecdotally, my friend said he couldn't stand it because of how many cliches there were

I think the GA getting tired of cliches, I know "superhero fatigue" has kinda been turned into a meme but there is actual superhero fatigue

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

11 hours ago, The GOAT said:

250 verified rotten tomato rating or 400k(?) movie goers

You are off by a factor of 100x. Cinemascore compiles its data based on average 400 returned surveys - https://www.thewrap.com/cinemascore-gets-studios-especially-when-it-counters-critics-87701/

11 hours ago, Unfitclock said:

That Cinemascore doesn’t line up with the audience score 

Cinemascore is slightly better imo than RT verified score, but both skew more positive than actual general audience reaction. Cinemascore samples OD audiences who are bound to be fans of the movie/franchise/actor and thus more likely to give a positive response. Similarly RT score relies on people to actually give a damn about reviewing the movie (whether positively or negatively) to go on the site and leave a rating, that also means mostly fans doing so. Cinemascore is better in the sense that it at also captures the responses of the people who couldnt be bothered to go to RT and leave a review. 

• Like 6