cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

The Captain America movies tend to be a bit more grounded. I don't see them including a character with magic rings.

You recall the previous Captain America movie which was incited by a magical witch accidentally blowing up a building using magic, and included a teenager with radioactive blood who wore bright red and blue tights, and a green and red robot with a big yellow cape? Or the characters confirmed for this one, including a green guy with a giant head and a big Red Hulk, the latter of whom is the sitting president of the United States 

Red-Hulk.jpg

But the martial artist is too much of a reach?

shang-chi2021-shang-chi.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

You recall the previous Captain America movie which was incited by a magical witch accidentally blowing up a building using magic, and included a teenager with radioactive blood who wore bright red and blue tights, and a green and red robot with a big yellow cape? Or the characters confirmed for this one, including a green guy with a giant head and a big Red Hulk, the latter of whom is the sitting president of the United States 

Red-Hulk.jpg

But the martial artist is too much of a reach?

shang-chi2021-shang-chi.gif

You missed an  obivious one: Cap himself was using a Magic Hammer in the climatic battle in "Endgame"?

And I  suspect that Ross will NOT be the Red  Hulk in the MCU, Marvel has shown no hesistation in making  that kind of change from the comics.

As to the "Glorified Disney + Episode" seems to me DC is risking 300 Million dollars on a movie with a charecter who was the star of his own TV series not that long ago......

But since the last few MCU films have been dissaponting I guess it now "cool and hip" to dump on the MCU.

As for being grounded, that fight scene if Shang Chi takes place on a exact duplicate of a SF Muni bus;

production desginer almost certainly rode one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And I  suspect that Ross will NOT be the Red  Hulk in the MCU, Marvel has shown no hesistation in making  that kind of change from the comics.

It seems like a pretty safe bet with The Leader and Sabra involves, who are both connected to the Hulk as well as Ross.

Edited by SpiderByte

On 2/26/2023 at 2:18 PM, SpiderByte said:

It seems like a pretty safe bet with The Leader and Sabra involves, who are both connected to the Hulk as well as Ross.

If the Leader is involved, I suspect Ross's obsseson with the Hulk is back.

20 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It sounds like it's not just one Ross who's back.

On one hand, I do like a lot of the ideas for this movie even if it is looking to be a Psuedo-Hulk sequel and am excited to see more of Sam Wilson Captain America. On the other hand, I disliked TFATWS because I don’t think Spellman was able to handle the ideas of a Black Captain America and am leery of trusting him further.

9 hours ago, YM! is St Peter said:

On one hand, I do like a lot of the ideas for this movie even if it is looking to be a Psuedo-Hulk sequel and am excited to see more of Sam Wilson Captain America. On the other hand, I disliked TFATWS because I don’t think Spellman was able to handle the ideas of a Black Captain America and am leery of trusting him further.

The problem with TFATWS is that it  got really really preachy in the last couple of episodes.

18 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah that Captain America trait, how he never gives big speeches

They forgot a basic rule of filmmaking: Don't Tell Show. Make your point through charecters and story, you don't need to give a sermon.

On 3/27/2023 at 9:36 PM, dudalb said:

The problem with TFATWS is that it  got really really preachy in the last couple of episodes.

I thought its problem was the non-sensical main villain plot, the inanity of the Zemo subplot, and the ruining of Sharon Carter.

The Cap meets Cap stuff was some of the only redeemable parts of that show.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 11:19 AM, SpiderByte said:

Show don't tell does not mean not having dialogue 

Of course. what it means is if you have a political or social point to make make it through story and charecter, don't stop everything to have a charecter preach a sermon..which I am afraid that TFATWS did at several points.