cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

Just now, TalismanRing said:

We spent a good bit of time together. Ross and Cap have always had that relationship, where they were friends and they respected each other, but they always bumped heads. That’s their relationship in the storyline.

WTF?  He had him caged in an underwater prison.   That and he a huge hypocritical fascist.

Yeah like, MCU or Marvel Comics lore isn’t likely Anthony’s forte.

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

I could see Sam closer to Ross tbh. Not Steve. 

Maybe after a serious brain injury because Sam doesn't heal up like Steve.

Oh and what's with the Stevie solves everything physically because he has the serum narrative.  Please,  Steve threw his 90lb  weakling body on a grenade -  but he also listened to and inspired people through his compassion and goodness as well as his physical courage and strength.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Maybe after a serious brain injury because Sam doesn't heal up like Steve.

Oh and what's with the Stevie solves everything physically because he has the serum narrative.  Please,  Steve threw his 90lb  weakling body on a grenade -  but he also listened to and inspired people through his compassion and goodness as well as his physical courage and strength.

I actually like they digging in on the whole war veteran counselor for Sam, that’s one aspect of his personality that I think it’s an welcome addition I feel it lacked in the comics. Also I don’t see this as worrisome as that quote about Ross, because at least on CA&TWS and this interview as well they did a good job differentiating the kind of speech the two Captain America’s would be made. While Steve is more inspirational, Sam is more urgent and calling out to their senses. I’m not a fan of Sam not getting some sort of enhancement, even if not the super soldier serum. We are about to get to Thunderbolts and this whole run for a new weapon I, let’s say. I think that while it’s cool that it’s inspiring that he is just a guy, the kind of stunt that Sam pulls off and what will be required of him I feel like some compromise could be made.

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

About how secretive the casting process for Captain America: The Winter Soldier was, how he pursued Marvel for the Black Panther role, thinking he was playing Black Panther only to find out he was actually cast as Sam Wilson:

About taking over as Captain America and  the title change from New World Order to Brave New World:

About his take on Sam Wilson as Captain America and Chris Evans chimes in about Anthony becoming Captain America:

About working with Captain America: Brave New World’s newcomer Marvel Studios director Julius Onah and sharing scenes with Harrison Ford:

About what he’d like to do next after this film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the looming threat of the multiverse:

About the embattled actor that plays Kang, Jonathan Majors:

you left out the quote on the writer’s strike. Anthony Mackie is very intelligent and doesn’t care about mincing words . I’ve never seen a quote from him that I disagreed with.

"Once the studios went public and were bought out by major companies, we were f***ed. It’s no longer about art. It’s no longer about interesting, fun work. It’s about end-of-the-quarter profit sharing. It’s about shareholders. So you’re literally just raping and pillaging the industry. It’s cannibalism."

"It’s a sh*t show if we go on strike," he continued. "They’re going to have to. Unless they get a bunch of f*cking YouTubers to make Avengers 5!"”

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

you left out the quote on the writer’s strike. Anthony Mackie is very intelligent and doesn’t care about mincing words . I’ve never seen a quote from him that I disagreed with.

"Once the studios went public and were bought out by major companies, we were f***ed. It’s no longer about art. It’s no longer about interesting, fun work. It’s about end-of-the-quarter profit sharing. It’s about shareholders. So you’re literally just raping and pillaging the industry. It’s cannibalism."

"It’s a sh*t show if we go on strike," he continued. "They’re going to have to. Unless they get a bunch of f*cking YouTubers to make Avengers 5!"”

I was busy and just paced through the whole thing, I will try to read fully later, this is an amazing part of the interview, thank you for bringing it up.

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I was busy and just paced through the whole thing, I will try to read fully later, this is an amazing part of the interview, thank you for bringing it up.

I love what he said about Hollywood film making at a convention a few years ago. Guy is just really insightful and not afraid to hold back his punches.

There can be a bit of romancing the eras when studio were own by the Wagner, some of those studios owner were counting scent and walking around the lot to close the light to save electricity themselves.

Movies could change director 2-3 time during the shoot, when Capra founded Liberty Films it was because the big five was too commercial speech:

All four eventual partners in Liberty Pictures had spent most of World War II as officers making motion pictures for the Army Signal Corps, and were hesitant to return to working under the Hollywood studio system.[2] Capra explained his dissatisfaction in an article for the New York Times:

Had the motion picture been a product which demanded uniformity as its ultimate goal, the results would have been highly satisfactory. But unfortunately it was, and is, a combination of mechanical perfection and creative endeavor. And in applying the mass-production yardstick to both the mechanics and creative side of film-making, the latter became molded into a pattern. The efforts and achievements of the individual producers and directors had to meet with the approval of each studio's chief executive.… Producers and directors working under him found that instead of creating as they pleased, letting their own imagination and artistry have full rein, with the public the final judge of the worth and merit of their efforts, they were of necessity obliged to make pictures for the approval of the one man at the top. Thus the creative side of film-making, from the selection of the story, the writers who would put it into script form, the casting of the players, the designing of their costumes and the sets which provided their backgrounds, the direction, the cutting and editing of the final film was tailored (consciously or unconsciously) to the tastes of the studio's head man

This was in the New-York Times in 1946.

There was a small windows, which I imagine Mackie age and the motion of being bought by giants in the 70s "New Hollywood" that felt a bit different the Coppola, Bonnie and Clyde to Heaven's Gate, but would today audience show up for a Peckinpah now ?

I imagine public entity could have played a role, but Disney ipo was in 1957, 20 Century Fox was never private, when 20 and Fox merged it became a public company in 1942, Star Wars released exploded the value of the studio stock.

It is probably more being branch of mega corp aside parks or deep sea drilling than being public or private, private equity wanting to make money and public stock wanting to make money is not that different

• Like 2

There is a great interview with Harrison Ford promoting Indiana Jones: Dial of Destiny where he touched his reasoning why at the height of his 80 years he is joining the MCU:

At home in a galaxy far, far away, Nazi-controlled Europe, a Russian submarine or current and future America, he has moved through space and time with the ease of “Doctor Who’s” famous Time Lord, a character who has been played by 13 actors.

But there is only one Harrison Ford, and there will never be another like him. Setting aside his talent, Hollywood is no longer capable of creating a career like Ford’s, a journeyman actor with a movie-star smile who loves what he does but understands that it is work. 

Why has he decided to throw himself back into the business and make us all reconsider our own retirement plans? Because he can. 

As for his next film, he may be Harrison Ford, but like every member of the Marvel universe he is bound to secrecy. “I had a good time, it’s just a different kind of movie. I saw actors that I admire having real fun, chewing it up, and I said, ‘Give me some of that. I’ll have one of those, thank you, if there are any left.’ And there was.

• Like 2

Disney+ just announced some of their shows will be available on physical media, which makes me think Falcon and Winter Soldiers gonna get one just in time for this to come out...whenever its release date ends up being

Edit: right on cue

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 8:57 PM, YM! said:

God, the press tour is the thing I'm excited most about this film.

Imagine Harrison Ford's response when one of the marvel youtube reporters at the premiere asks him who his favorite superhero is... 🤌

On 8/21/2023 at 7:29 AM, SpiderByte said:

Disney+ just announced some of their shows will be available on physical media, which makes me think Falcon and Winter Soldiers gonna get one just in time for this to come out...whenever its release date ends up being

Edit: right on cue

Uh, some of the Disney Plus shows have been avialbe on DVD since the SUmmer of 2021 ; and yes, they are legal not pirated.

Disney is just ramping up the marketing for them.

And I suspect they will reduce the price; the sereis were pricey for DVD's.

And if you doubt what I say, I have the DVD's for a couple of shows to prove it.