cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

👏I👏FUCKING👏 CALLED 👏 IT

I have a hunch Brave New World is going to go through some very extensive reshoots once the actors' strike ends, as it was hastily filmed during the initial writers' strike. As I've said before, the likes of Blade, Thunderbolts and/or Armor Wars could be canned entirely since they aren't filming.

Almost half a year of reshoots sounds pretty brutal, and almost Josstice-tier. But hey, if it actually fixes the movie, then so be it. This is the good thing about The Marvels bombing. It will be the wakeup call Marvel needs to get back on track. Focusing solely on Deadpool 3 for next year and otherwise laying low until this movie in 2025 is the smartest decision they've made in a while. Hoping for the best!

• Like 5

Just now, BadOlCatSylvester said:

👏I👏FUCKING👏 CALLED 👏 IT

Almost half a year of reshoots sounds pretty brutal, and almost Josstice-tier. But hey, if it actually fixes the movie, then so be it. This is the good thing about The Marvels bombing. It will be the wakeup call Marvel needs to get back on track. Focusing solely on Deadpool 3 for next year and otherwise laying low until this movie in 2025 is the smartest decision they've made in a while. Hoping for the best!

You really need to stop using Josstice League for any sort of reshoots, you said about Mission Impossible as well and making uncalled comments about Simon Pegg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

👏I👏FUCKING👏 CALLED 👏 IT

Who knew the guy who made the bad third Cloverfield fumbled the ball?

Honestly think they’ll retool it to a pseudo Avengers flick. They’ll bring in Bruce, Jen and maybe Shang-Chi as those who help Sam fight The Leader and Red Hulk. Guessing Feige’s gambit is that Levy and Reynolds deliver the NWH nostalgia piece that Deadpool will be is enough to get the nerds to start creaming over them again and in conjunction with a strong Comic-Con presence, will hopefully carry out the goodwill into 2025. That said, think they shouldn’t be doing 4 films that year especially with content glut.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YM! said:

Who knew the guy who made the bad third Cloverfield fumbled the ball?

Honestly think they’ll retool it to a pseudo Avengers flick. They’ll bring in Bruce, Jen and maybe Shang-Chi as those who help Sam fight The Leader and Red Hulk. Guessing Feige’s gambit is that Levy and Reynolds deliver the NWH nostalgia piece that Deadpool will be is enough to get the nerds to start creaming over them again and in conjunction with a strong Comic-Con presence, will hopefully carry out the goodwill into 2025. That said, think they shouldn’t be doing 4 films that year especially with content glut.

I have a hunch they'll skip Comic-Con next year. Deadpool 3's new date is very close to that anyway, and with all the drama they should lay low next year. I also think these delays won't be the last. Fantastic Four could get pushed off to 2026.

Looks like Marvel really wants to stick to a schedule where they release movies in February, May, July and November. On the plus side, I suppose DP3 being the only MCU next year could be a good thing in terms of giving the audience some time to breathe, and doing whatever they need to do to fix Cap 4 in post. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

They should just Zazzer this. 

How on earth do so many people here think write-offs are a thing that is a good thing and not a horrible, horrible trend that makes the studio that does it look bad? And it's only on this board specifically that seems to be like this.

• Like 8

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Looks like Marvel really wants to stick to a schedule where they release movies in February, May, July and November. On the plus side, I suppose DP3 being the only MCU next year could be a good thing in terms of giving the audience some time to breathe, and doing whatever they need to do to fix Cap 4 in post. 

I find it strange Marvel wants to keep February rather than be flexible with Spring releases. Blade in November seems weird but I guess The Batman Part II is the reason why they're not releasing it in either September or October.

6 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I have a hunch they'll skip Comic-Con next year. Deadpool 3's new date is very close to that anyway, and with all the drama they should lay low next year. I also think these delays won't be the last. Fantastic Four could get pushed off to 2026.

....why? They'll still be able to promote the 2025 releases, and Deadpool may be the only movie but they still have plenty from the Disney+ shows

3 minutes ago, YM! said:

No film deserves to be Zaslav’d

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

The argument is that it's quality control but it's not. It has no bearing on quality, just money. If something doesn't appear profitable enough that's the factor. Could Batgirl and Acme have been bad? Dunno. But it would have been nice to fucking find out!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

The argument is that it's quality control but it's not. It has no bearing on quality, just money. If something doesn't appear profitable enough that's the factor. Could Batgirl and Acme have been bad? Dunno. But it would have been nice to fucking find out!

Like make no mistake, budget is definitely going 275-300m and unless there’s a big Avenger like Hulk, I don’t think it’ll be too profitable but it deserves to be released because it’s fucked up to work hard on something and have it not even be seen because an executive wanted to save a few bucks. It’s fucking hard to make movies.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Nah they need it. Helps with promotion of DP3, likely can do a fan screening and really push the stuff for the upcoming phase (will basically act as a mini apology for quality control). You announce Cap 4 is psuedo avengers and get the trailer out, a look at F4 to keep the nerds creaming, and then announce a new Avengers roster.

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

IDK where you're getting 300 from. I can't see how this is more expensive than Civil War.

You got to remember with rebates, these tentpoles are actually a lot more expensive.

If The Marvels was 250m without reshoots, I can easily seeing it pushing 300m if it came to it due to Red Hulk being a motion capture character.

• Like 1