cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

So I’m late but my feelings towards this trailer are eh. Doesn’t look awful but doesn’t look particularly interesting. I like the idea of Sam continuing to struggle to take on Captain America in a world that seems to not want him to be, but I’m worried that’s gonna get lost in all the stuff that seems to be happening in this movie. Action wise it doesn’t look particularly interesting either. 

15 hours ago, YM! said:

Trailer views are okay, more in common with The Marvels but on the bright side, the vitriol (though the dislike count is higher sadly because incels can't handle more than one black lead in geekshit) doesn't seem as strong as The Marvels and has a better hook.

about "dislikes"

cap.jpg

marv.jpg

I know people like to lough at Grace Randolph but I want to remind everybody  that she proved with screenshots that youtube app showing likes doesn't really work

Grace Randolph

@GraceRandolph

I would just like to say

that all the sites claiming to know the downvotes on YouTube videos

ARE TOTALLY INCORRECT

like, MASSIVELY incorrect.

I just had some asshole try to say my #LittleMermaid reaction had a lot of downvotes

but I'm looking right at it and it's 90% likes

4eec604b5f38241a7371c127c0e199f5.jpg

7fb57273904f3cf26aaa3f01004179f1.jpeg

As an owner of her channel she is able to see real amount of likes and dislikes

Edited by cinema pal
  • Like 9

16 hours ago, Insomnia said:

As for The Acolyte, it's truly awful and it has nothing to do with the black actresses, though that's the narrative the media desperately wants to put out there instead of actually listening to what the fans have to say. I didn't make it past a couple episodes. It's the writing and production values. It's the fact that it's so far removed from what Star Wars was that a lot of the fans don't recognize it.

I’m not into Star Wars but RT scores aren’t verified and that’s what they always say. This crowd of people have been spouting this since 2016.

Pay them no mind: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cinema pal said:

about "dislikes"

cap.jpg

marv.jpg

I know people like to lough at Grace Randolph but I want to remind everybody  that she proved with screenshots that youtube app showing likes doesn't really work

This thing has been proven bogus a million times. Of course the extension doesn't work. How could people who care so much about dislikes as to install a third party extension be representative of everyone? No shit they aren't.

At this point the extension itself is just a harmful tool to propel narratives, it serves no actual purpose whatsoever.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KnightofNight237 said:

Sam could give us both hand to hand and dog fights with jets lol

I think Steve being super strong was one of the reasons he was able to beat a Jet in Hand to Hand combat.

Formula just doesn't make someone super strong, but also Superfast, Super endurance, super reflexes, greater healing ability, more flexibility and all that.

They wouldn't have shown such scenes with a Black Widow or Hawkeye despite them being skilled.

3 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I think Steve being super strong was one of the reasons he was able to beat a Jet in Hand to Hand combat.

Formula just doesn't make someone super strong, but also Superfast, Super endurance, super reflexes, greater healing ability, more flexibility and all that.

They wouldn't have shown such scenes with a Black Widow or Hawkeye despite them being skilled.

Yes but Steve couldn't fly

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Going to be nice if this ends up being the best CBM of 2025. 

I am looking forward to this but if this ends up being the best CBM of 25 than they knocked it out of the park or James Gunn really shit the bed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warmaster506 said:

Honestly I expect it to be the worst, but I hope that is still a good movie. But I’ve have high expectations for the other 3 movies in terms of quality.

My hope of getting a good movie is also based on Tim Blake Nelson who is fantastic actor and his villain who is interesting on paper, but both could be wasted. I hope Leader is super smart here and has a really smart plan. Action scenes won't save this if the script is weak

Edited by cinema pal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

Would be nice, but basically every other 2025 Cbm on paper should be better than this and this doesn’t look bad at all either so should be a great year for cbms atleast quality wise

Edited by KnightofNight237
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

On 7/13/2024 at 9:44 AM, Relevation said:

I think the trailer looks aggressively fine and largely competent, but BO wise I think this has a similar problem to the Marvels in which absolutely nothing here is a real draw to anyone outside the most hardcore Marvel fans, and the movie isn’t doing anything else to draw other audiences in

Like sorry but who seriously cares that much about Sam Wilson, Thaddeus Ross, Red Hulk, or whoever the hell Giancarlo Esposito is playing, plus the trailer feels super Marvel-y in a way where if you’re not a fan of Marvel I can’t see why you’d ever watch this 

Honestly I think this is gonna bomb spectacularly, probably the biggest nominal loser of all time and Marvels numbers or worse 

$40-50M OW / $85-110M DOM / $165-200M WW

This has Harrison Ford and Giancarlo Esposito. That'll draw a bunch of people in. I certainly don't expect the kind of flop the Marvels had for it. This doesn't seemingly have any TV characters in it.

9 minutes ago, elhassane31 said:

This has Harrison Ford and Giancarlo Esposito. That'll draw a bunch of people in. I certainly don't expect the kind of flop the Marvels had for it. This doesn't seemingly have any TV characters in it.

The new Falcon is a TV character.

11 hours ago, elhassane31 said:

Harrison Ford isn't a BO draw these days, the last Indy movie flopped really hard.

Giancarlo is a goated actor but he is a tv star, his BO draw is very limited. 

The other actors in this are C+ at best, BO wise. 

Edited by Belakor

On 7/13/2024 at 11:17 AM, Insomnia said:

As for this movie, I'd say the most hot button issue - at least if social media is anything to go by, is the IDF character (or what WAS an IDF character). People are grasping at straws for this narrative of "Marvel is making me dislike a movie with a black lead because of their inclusion of an Israeli actress".

I've seen this situation on social media. There are people saying this movie should bomb, because there is an IDF character (although her backstory seems to be changed).

However, I don't think this "criticism" is really big. If Captain America 4 bomb, it would be due to lack of interest on the character and the brand.

Edited by Kon

On 7/14/2024 at 1:06 AM, cinema pal said:

about "dislikes"

cap.jpg

marv.jpg

To be fair, the reason why the dislikes in youtube were hidden was to prevent people from noticing a negative reception, which implies that many videos were having too much dislikes.

I wouldn't doubt the dislike for Captain America 4 are a lot. However, the important thing is to know if the film is receiving enough support.

Edited by Kon