CJohn

Wednesday Numbers: Titanic 4.75 THG 4.6

What's with all the doom and gloom, isn't it a bit premature?

Re-releases kind of have less of a chance to turn things around with "good WOM" because everyone knows how they were received already and people have probably already decided if they're going to see it or not.

Well Titanic 3D's opening is already below most expectations, and people's outlooks for American Reunion aren't very bright. Even if American Reunion it does 30m it will only be considered successful because people's expectations are so low after Scream 4 last year.

I don't see how it's opening below expectations. It's three hours long, how do you expect people to fit three hours into their weekday just to watch a movie? It's going to perform well on the weekend.

I don't see how it's opening below expectations. It's three hours long, how do you expect people to fit three hours into their weekday just to watch a movie? It's going to perform well on the weekend.

exactly, if you only have 3 showings a day (12pm, 4pm and 8pm where I am), most people can't make 12pm and 4pm weekdays since they work, and then how many people feel like going to a 8pm showing to get home at 2am when you have to work the next day? I myself will see it on the weekend.

exactly, if you only have 3 showings a day (12pm, 4pm and 8pm where I am), most people can't make 12pm and 4pm weekdays since they work, and then how many people feel like going to a 8pm showing to get home at 2am when you have to work the next day? I myself will see it on the weekend.

do you live 2.5 hours from the theatre?

predictably over projected, fuck early estimates.

I have to stay away when Avengers hit...It would kill me if it starts around 60 mill and falls to low 50´s or something

Hmm, I guess this is kind of a take it or leave it type of number. It's too early to say it's disappointing because we have no idea what type of increases we might see from it this weekend.

Edited by blackspider

WHY THE FUCK ARE PEOPLE BEING DISAPPOINTED BY A FILM THAT WAS THE HIGHEST GROSSING FILM FOR MORE THAN A DECADE, IS SHOWN ON TV CONSTANTLY, AND IS AVAILABLE ONLINE, BLOCKBUSTER, NETFLIX, AT THE LIBRARY, AND IS OWNED EITHER ON VHS, OR DVD BY MILLIONS?!!!?I'M JUST....$600 MILLION ISN'T ENOUGH?! SO WHAT IF IT MAKES LESS THAN $30M these next five days, anything from here on out is just icing on the cake. It has been for 14 years.I'm just gonna go see this because I love the movie, and it brings back memories of a much simpler time (childhood days).

Hmm, I guess this is kind of a take it or leave it type of number. It's too early to say it's disappointing because we have no idea what type of increases we might see from it this weekend.

+1