MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/29/oppenheimer-shows-christopher-nolans-box-office-dominance.html

Streaming release planned for Feb next year. Its going to have a really long theatrical run. This is amazing in this age where even blockbusters release in 4 months at worst. I think only Top Gun Maverick had late streaming release in the post COVID era. 

This also guarantees Chris making his next movie with Universal as well. 

Also Avatar 2 and No Way Home.

At this point 900m is a lock as China has opened and we can project it. Plus the news that its going to not hit streaming until Feb shows its potential for domestic is way higher. I could see them expanding it opportunistically. Imax CEO also said the same that he would want to get Oppenheimer back in between commitments. I am not certain there would be a big movie releasing after holidays through Awards season with the strike still being on. I am certain we have not seen all the delays that would happen due to the strike. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 12:50 PM, eeetooki said:

I have to say, the Chinese version of the black dress does look more realistic lollarge.WechatIMG1498.jpg

That TikTok lady and her husband could have booked a trip overseas to see this and spared themselves so much agony...

$800M, amazing!!

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Haha 1

Met up with a crotchety uncle who mentioned seeing this. I had to laugh when he said he actually got up to complain to the theater manager half an hour in because he couldn’t hear any of the dialogue. “There’s nothing we can do,” the manager apparently said, “that’s how it came to us.” 

• Haha 1