Eric Prime

Disney+ MCU: Agatha: Coven of Chaos | Kathryn Hahn will return

On 7/4/2023 at 3:21 PM, SpiderByte said:

Yeah it figures this is basically WandaVision 2. They really let Jac Schaefer do whatever she wants, and now there's two additional rumored spinoffs 

This seires is  pretty much riding on Hahn's  shoulders, luckily she is talented enough to be able to pull it off evenif the script has problems.

I wonder if they are going to go the "From Villainess to Anti Hero " role for Agatha.

Maybe not in this series, but some kind of encounter between Agatha and Stephan Strange has got to happen,. Agnes magical mayhem has to come on to  Strange's radar.

44 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I'm surprised no one is talking about this. 😳

Only the strongest will survive in the genre's current state. This should've been out years ago, to capitalize on Agatha's then-new starpower. Its target audience is also pretty narrow and niche when compared to other Marvel properties.

13 hours ago, poweranimals said:

I'm surprised no one is talking about this. 😳

Yeah kinda feels like this has landed with a bit of a thud. I know it’s only anecdotal, but I’m not seeing anyone talking about it at all on social media, and nobody I know has shown any interest in it after they found out it was a musical.

Well then I'm gonna kick it off, I watched the first 2 episodes, and I'm quite curious to see where it goes. It's interesting so far, not great but it piqued my curiosity. Plus, Aubrey Plaza in the role of a crazy, totally unhinged witch? Yes please

Spoiler

Now they're in the Witches Road so if anything this might be a bit trippy?

I like that the show acknowledges Doctor Strange 2. I was afraid of a The Last Jedi --> Rise of Skywalker situation where the sequel just outright cancels the movie that came before, and I'm glad that didn't happen. They're just rolling with it.

But in reality, it's basically Wandavision 2. Except without Wanda.

Edited by Daxtreme

More random things, some that tie the show with WandaVision and Doctor Strange 2, others just random, interesting stuff that is purposefully inserted in there:

Spoiler

Well obviously first of all they refer to the Darkhold as being destroyed in all universes by Wanda, so we know where it is in the timeline.

All the important characters in WandaVision return, which was nice to see.

Wanda's body (imagined or real, we don't know yet) at the beginning had darkened fingers like the Darkhold does.

The book written by Andrew Ugo. The author's name is an anagram of Wundagore, the mount dedicated to Scarlet Witch in the movie where she also probably died. As shown in the first episode, obviously the first letters of each word of the title assembled yield DARKHOLD.

The WESTVIEW sign has roughly 1/3 less population than in WandaVision. Lots of people left after Wanda enslaved everybody then returned them back to normal, which is understandable.

When Agatha is driving a car is following her, but only when looking back. When looking at the front, the car disappears.

The shoes that Debra Jo Rupp's character wear when Agatha goes to meet her do not match the shoes that she left on the ground at the end of the 2nd episode. So who is that?

Basically nearly 100% of the trailer shots were in the first 2 episodes, so it's really hard to know where this is going right now.

Edited by Daxtreme

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

I mean, most people have work till Friday night

That makes zero sense. The show has been released since Sept. 18th. They've had plenty of time to talk about it.

The truth is, few people care. But so far I think it's good, surprisingly.