Eric Burnett

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

6 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

apparently many moviegoers have seen it after Mexico premiere

Somehow US media reported it as merely a fan-event but it was actually a full screening for both media last weekend and an audience on the premiere. Media is embargoed but audiences are raves even if a bit skewed.

8 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Somehow US media reported it as merely a fan-event but it was actually a full screening for both media last weekend and an audience on the premiere. Media is embargoed but audiences are raves even if a bit skewed.

EC called it a masterpiece for what is worth and he saw it before these fans. Nolan called it ESB and he saw it before these fans too. 

23 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

EC called it a masterpiece for what is worth and he saw it before these fans. Nolan called it ESB and he saw it before these fans too. 

Not saying it was the first screening ever; I'm aware there have been others before. What I mean is that it wasn't reported as a premiere but rather a mere fan event (red carpet + a 15-20 minutes footage) but I do clarify it's skewing because most of those people are indeed die-hard fans from what I know and know some of them.

Edited by Carlangonz

1 minute ago, Carlangonz said:

Not saying it was the first screening ever; I'm aware there have been others before. What I mean is that it wasn't reported as a premiere but rather a mere fan event (red carpet + a 15-20 minutes footage). 

I know. I was just saying that fandom reaction aligns with reactions from before that event. 

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I know. I was just saying that fandom reaction aligns with reactions from before that event. 

Oh, absolutely. It seems like reactions will point out if you loved first Dune you'll love this one even more and if you only liked it you'll love this one. Also lots of mentions of it being more action-packed and apparently a surprise that hasn't been mentioned or at least as much spread.

2 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

Oh, absolutely. It seems like reactions will point out if you loved first Dune you'll love this one even more and if you only liked it you'll love this one. Also lots of mentions of it being more action-packed and apparently a surprise that hasn't been mentioned or at least as much spread.

Spoiler

How much do you want to bet it's Alia, considering that she hasn't been shown once in any of the footage released, and that she's an outright unfilmable character in the world presented in the last movie.

3 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Just replace that person with a muppet. Breakout character incoming.

hi.gif

Not a fan of watching full scenes beforehand but the little i saw before turning it off Villeneuve's mastery of building suspense was on play. It appears to be a very simple scene, nothing fancy, no score, just good actors acting, yet it manages to stir anticipation really well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SaltyPistola said:
  Reveal hidden contents

HUGE SPOILER 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

So she got cut out of the actual story. Honestly I'm not surprised. Alia as presented in the book just isn't filmable. She just isn't. It makes sense to shelve her for now and introduce her in the Messiah movie if it gets made. The book is apparently set 12 years after the first one, and Denis can easily add another 10 years to that in order to have Anya reprise the role, if you're right. That change can also push Paul closer to Little Timmy's actual age when filming begins for a third movie.

Please don't post spoilers in this thread.  Create a spoiler thread if need be. 

While the page is loading,  even the spoiler text boxes briefly appear as normal text, so please, simply do not discuss spoilers in here.

It's not cool

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merkel said:

Please don't post spoilers in this thread.  Create a spoiler thread if need be. 

While the page is loading,  even the spoiler text boxes briefly appear as normal text, so please, simply do not discuss spoilers in here.

It's not cool

On the phone? The tags are properly placed so it isn't the fault of anyone who posted spoilers in tags. They did it correctly and there's no rule against tagged spoilers in non-spoiler thread that I know of.