Eric is Quiet

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I reached the "acceptance" stage (if we want to call it that heh) that this would be delayed a while back as the rumors of this being headed to 2024 have been building cause where there's smoke there's fire, it's just a question of when the announcement will be (could be this week ahead of National Cinema Day next Sunday, could be the Friday before Labor Day as a "have a nice long weekend bye" news drop) and where they'll move it to (summer has been the obvious rumor but imagine if they decided to sit on it for an entire year and hold it for November 2024 ala the early days of the pandemic).

I don’t want to see it delayed, but if it’s gonna happen, I’d like it to get Furiosa’s current date in late May. 

21 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I long thought this wasn't going to be delayed, but at this point all the noise and leaked buzz makes me believe it will be by the end of the week :(

Hold up what leaked buzz? Is this a legit source saying it’s getting delayed?????? Say it isn’t so!!!!!

• Like 1

Don't delay! Giving up 6 weeks of IMAX exclusively just so Zendaya and Timmy can do interviews is moronic. Tweens don't care about Dune, they care more about Barbie memes.

Besides if strikes end by mid September and they already moved, they will have a big egg on their faces.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Only good thing about Dune moving to 2024, is that WB can go all in at pushing Barbie for all the major Oscars. Can WB really afford to push Dune and Barbie?

That, and Oppenheimer just looks like an unstoppable force come award season. No matter how good Part 2 is, I think a lot of the awards Dune could win will go to Oppenheimer (BP, director, special effects, score, etc.). 

1 minute ago, Squire said:

That, and Oppenheimer just looks like an unstoppable force come award season. No matter how good Part 2 is, I think a lot of the awards Dune could win will go to Oppenheimer (BP, director, special effects, score, etc.). 

Talking about "unstoppable force at award season" before we're even in september is at best ignorant and at worst foolish

• Knock It Off 1

There hasn't been official word on this getting punted to next year beyond the headlines yet but there's definitely been a wind in the air, especially with regards to stuff like that report about the impact of the strikes on the box office where it was revealed that Legendary is (apparently) pretty insistent on this being released with the starry red carpet premieres and such. Which probably makes sense since I doubt they spent the money on landing big casting coups like Austin and Miss Flo (+ a much bigger role for Zendaya) only for them to be banned from acknowledging this even exists. IMO it's all going to come down to what their producers (and also Villeneuve, the only other major creative force involved in this they are in touch with these days) want vs. the CEO of IMAX begging them not to delay it in the press, and they're going to have to make that difficult decision soon as exhibitors start breathing down their neck to give them confirmation.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Squire said:

So churlish. lol

Look man, I'm just telling you out of all films that were considered "favorites" this time of the year...very few won, let alone swept

maybe oppenheimer wins, maybe it doesn't, but talking about "unstoppable forces" this early is just wrong

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

Look man, I'm just telling you out of all films that were considered "favorites" this time of the year...very few won, let alone swept

maybe oppenheimer wins, maybe it doesn't, but talking about "unstoppable forces" this early is just wrong

That’s why I said “looks like” an “unstoppable force” and not “is” an “unstoppable force.” 

You don’t need to be rude in how you respond. I enjoy friendly and civil discussion. This forum isn’t Reddit. 

While the delay is not certain (far from that tbh), it’s still the movie with the most chances to ended up in 2024 tho

Disney isn’t delaying anything, they’re promoting all their movies already 

The horror and smaller movies seems all very ready to release as well 

The award movies are changing a little but not much and all keeping dates this year, so unless Oscar is delayed, they won’t either 

Only Dune and Hunger Games seems in danger for the rest of the year, talking about relevant movies