Eric is Quiet

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

All time great thread title lmao

Thank you. Really needed to make that change.

But you know? Like...Wonka's staying. Color Purple's staying. My babies will both be in movies this Christmas. It's fine. It's all fine. Everything happens for a reason. It's fine.

1 minute ago, Speedorito said:

So I guess the strikes won’t be ending soon. I thought they would move Dune to December and push Aquaman back

This would have made more sense Oscar wise. March is a dump date for it. If not December then push it past Cannes.

The studios are gonna kill the market again btw. Any hopes of theatrical coming back are dying on the vine once again.

3 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

So I guess the strikes won’t be ending soon. I thought they would move Dune to December and push Aquaman back

Feel like with Aquaman it's just better to get it over with, especially since you're farther away from Superman: Legacy.

And honestly a March date for this is fine? It's still getting Spring Break money, Easter money, and still tons of IMAX play until Godzilla X Kong. Doubt Snow White or Ghostbusters will have the bargaining power to make IMAX say no to more Dune play.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

No, trades was very clear that WB is determined to release Aquaman this year no matter what, they just want to get rid off the thing 

Edited by ThomasNicole

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

This would have made more sense Oscar wise. March is a dump date for it. If not December then push it past Cannes.

The studios are gonna kill the market again btw. Any hopes of theatrical coming back are dying on the vine once again.

Ah yes. March. The famed dump month where no big hits ever get released. Like I'm mad I have to wait a few months, but this is easily the best date possible, especially since WB/Denis cares more about IMAX than they do Oscars.

Second part is right though. Kept telling you guys capitalism would kill us faster than the virus will.

• Like 5