LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Except Korea none of the major market has shown CoVID impact

But how to tell, right? Serious question. Could be 10% higher in WW-SK without omicron/restrictions, could be 0%, 15% 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️   

Can’t really tell just from looking at final grosses.   

Certainly a big Xmas boost, but it is what it is, right? I wish IW/AEG were Xmas, but it’s not usually held against TFA/Avatar/Lotr/Titanic/Jumanji/etc etc

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

But how to tell, right? Serious question. Could be 10% higher in WW-SK without omicron/restrictions, could be 0%, 15% 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️   

Can’t really tell just from looking at final grosses.   

Certainly a big Xmas boost, but it is what it is, right? I wish IW/AEG were Xmas, but it’s not usually held against TFA/Avatar/Lotr/Titanic/Jumanji/etc etc

I think 10%-15%, without omicron/restrictions here and there

But the most ciritcal thing is that this whole Covid pandemic area has been changing people's way of watching movie, especially the number of repeat viewing in the cinema.

In the past, people can watch a movie 2-3 times in cinema but now, they can watch a movie one time in the cinema then will wait for it to be released in digital version due to the increase in Covid's cases.

They still go to cinema to watch movie for the 1st time for the experience. But Covid can make them hestitant to go to watch it again and again in a crowded area.

Edited by Danhjpn
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Avengers: Endgame has nearly 400M tickets sold worldwide. Only one film has sold more tickets than it in last 50 years. i.e. Titanic.

It will remain like that most likely with decrease in theater going in time.

Was Endgame's run legendary? Yes.

Do marvelites accept that? YES.

BUT, Is there a reason for you to put that "in yer face" every time someone talks about NWH? No.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

it’s not usually held against TFA/Avatar/Lotr/Titanic/Jumanji/etc etc

If you remember our discussions before release in AUS thread, we were pointing at A$70M+ just because of XMAS, as even Jumanji 2 did almost A$50M. If it wasn't XMAS I would have expected may be A$50-60M.

3 minutes ago, anti-Pedantic said:

Was Endgame's run legendary? Yes.

Do marvelites accept that? YES.

BUT, Is there a reason for you to put that "in yer face" every time someone talks about NWH? No.

IDK what you are reading. Someone said that NWH does make IW run look like sort of underwhelming and I just pointed out the big factors that this film has in favour and IW didn't.

As simple as that.

Sorry for your 2300 students not watching the film, but gotta tell you that we have less than 5% impact from CoVID in India, if at all. A dubbed regular Telugu masala film is doing wonder. If RRR was released, it would have been probably 2nd film ever to do ₹1000cr.

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

If you remember our discussions before release in AUS thread, we were pointing at A$70M+ just because of XMAS, as even Jumanji 2 did almost A$50M. If it wasn't XMAS I would have expected may be A$50-60M.

That’s not what I’m saying. Of course Xmas inflates box office. But usually people don’t downgrade Xmas movies like 20% when comparing — they had good date but they still made  xyz, the good date is wrapped into the performance just like reception, hype, setup, so on.   

If you wanna do comparison trying to adjust away release dates, sure go do your thing, but that’s not how it’s usually talked about. Maybe IW Xmas>NWH Xmas>IW April > NWH April, but in reality all we got was NWH (xmas]) >IW (April).

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

IDK what you are reading. Someone said that NWH does make IW run look like sort of underwhelming and I just pointed out the big factors that this film has in favour and IW didn't.

As simple as that.

Sorry for your 2300 students not watching the film, but gotta tell you that we have less than 5% impact from CoVID in India, if at all. A dubbed regular Telugu masala film is doing wonder. If RRR was released, it would have been probably 2nd film ever to do ₹1000cr.

So, Kids are rushing to watch Pushpa? You are saying that Masala film is propped up by Kids? 

I gave an example of demography which hasn't been able to see movies and you laughed it out. Marvel fims isn't just watched by adults above 19 but also by kids above 6 or 7. 

Whatever, I will give it rest, you are hotshot here so whatever you say has more weight, even if those figures are juggled out of thin air. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Avengers: Endgame has nearly 400M tickets sold worldwide. Only one film has sold more tickets than it in last 50 years. i.e. Titanic.

It will remain like that most likely with decrease in theater going in time.

We shouldn't ignore the market different when we count ticket sale,just like Box office data,we should not compare a 10s movie to the 80s movie,or a 00s movie,TOTALLY DIFFERENT market.

Just Like China have many film sold more than 1000M ticketin 80s,but that mean nothing.

Many old film in Today Asia market will explode far better ticket sale,like Avatar released in China today will easily hit over 100m,because I experienced how popular Avatar here in 2009,and Many Transformer film will cross over 80m admissions,and if Avatar Released in China in 80s,then Avatar will easily cross 500m in China,because at that time is normal in China for every movie cross 500m, Avengers Endgame Release in 80s in China will easily cross 400m admissions in single market.Even bigger than today's EG WW ticket sale ,So different market led to the different ticket sale,compare different era film for ticket sale is nonsense.

Even a Yugoslavia movie called "The Bridge" hit over 500m ticket sales in China.

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

As simple as that.

It nothing to do with what we are reading,the fact is that you just saying again and again about how incredible IW or EG run in NWH thread,I think everyone know EG and IW is the beast ,but you are just doing same thing like some people saying how big Titanic or Avatar run in EG thread three years ago.Everyone know how big EG and IW,OK?Nobody in this thread saying EG or IW are not big,and who doesn't respect them?But this is NWH thread,please,they are all Marvel film and why these three have to fight each other?You are Marvel fans or just Avengers Fans?

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

NWH in Nepal 7 Cr is bigger than Avengers Endgame 6.2 Cr,and is bigger than this year biggest local Blockbuster Kathaputali: The Puppet'which gross 2Cr,Is the first Hollywood film take the year number one in Nepal,the new Milestone for HLW movie!

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

NWH Ukraine 4th weekend have a super strong hold just like it doing everywhere,4th weekend gross 23.09m UAH,drop less than 5% from third weekend,biggest 4th weekend ever,it's already beat four continuously weekend record in Ukraine,just like TLK doing in Netherlands or Demon Slayer doing in Japan,and overall the total gross is already break 200m UAH mark,First movie ever cross 200m mark,increase pervious record Avengers Endgame (150m+ UAH) by 33%,and in term of admission,NWH in Ukraine had attracted more than 1675000 people,beating Avatar admissions(over 1500000) record.

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 2

44 minutes ago, Bruce said:

NWH Ukraine 4th weekend have a super strong hold just like it doing everywhere,4th weekend gross 23.09m UAH,drop less than 5% from third weekend,biggest 4th weekend ever,it's already beat four continuously weekend record in Ukraine,just like TLK doing in Netheralnds or Demon Slayer doing in Japan,and overall the total gross is already break 200m UAH mark,Firs movie ever cross 200m mark,increase pervious record Avengers Endgame (150m+ UAH) by 33%,and in term of admission,NWH in Ukraine had attracted moer than 1675000 people,beating Avatar admissions(over 1500000) record.

2M admissions possible ?

10 hours ago, Bruce said:

The debate here is absurd,Marvel fans fight each other for which Marvel movie run is better,is really make me laugh.

Moreover, it was Disney/Marvel that stick to their late-Apr release date, instead of December, for all of their avengers movies, it is not like people force the release date upon them.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 4:00 PM, Shanks said:

Isn't 2.36m till 6th?

Peru Attendance~

OW - 950k                                                                               [=  4.4m$ (Sony's number)]

1st Week - 1.43m (480k) 

2nd Week - 2.01m <till 30th Dec [was 2.05m on 31st Dec]

3rd W-end - 2.181m [180k]

3rd Week [Till 6th Jan] - 2.36m 

HIGHEST:

1) Avengers Endgame : 3,860,992

2) El Rey León : 3,447,618

3) Avengers Infinity War : 3,140,560

4) ¡Asu Mare 2! : 3,062,023

5) ¡Asu Mare!  :   3,023,606

Peru is now 2.45m Attendance. It should be around 9.5m USD. ($4.4m was reported for first weekend which had 950k) 

2 hours ago, Asyulus said:

$750M DOM + $1.050B OS-C = $1.8B WW?

For the moment I would say that exceeding one billion overseas would already be considerable, for something more we must first see what kind of competition it will have. It's true that Warner have postponed Morbius, but obviusly there may be also important local films