LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

SWITZERLAND: Spidey becomes 5th highest viewed Super Hero movie in Swiss. Last Weekend was 18k and this weekdays was 3.3k for total of 21.3k. It had been dropping 20-30% each week and can make another 35k+ in next five weeks with sub 30-35% drops. Would be tight race to see if it reaches Joker and Endgame before it releases on OTT.

@charlie Jatinder Aren't numbers in Switzerland good, why it doesn't have thread? Or Can I put it in along with Nordic ones xD

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Shanks said:

SWITZERLAND: Spidey becomes 5th highest viewed Super Hero movie in Swiss. Last Weekend was 18k and this weekdays was 3.3k for total of 21.3k. It had been dropping 20-30% each week and can make another 35k+ in next five weeks with sub 30-35% drops. Would be tight race to see if it reaches Joker and Endgame before it releases on OTT.

Top Grossing SH movies [Up to 26th Jan:]

Spiderman (2002) 509,830
Avengers: Endgame 495,569
JOKER 493,411
Men In Black 481,397
Spiderman NWH 459,550
Incredibles 392,997
Men In Black 2 375,795
Spiderman 2 353,784
Hancock 349,020
Spiderman 3 332,920
The Dark Knight Rises 313,970
The Dark Knight 313,183
Avengers: IW 312,709
Deadpool 289,312
Incredibles 2 247,663
Aquaman 247,332
Iron Man 3 242,429
Avengers Age of Ultron 225,824

@charlie Jatinder Aren't numbers in Switzerland good, why it doesn't have thread? Or Can I put it in along with Nordic ones xD

Men in Black superheroes? This is new to me 😅

1 minute ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Those are some absolutely mental holds globally. 1.5B OS (or over Titanic OS) would have been a done deal with China. 

Hmm, I'm not sure about that given the numbers in comparable countries vs FFH numbers. I think it would have done somewhere in the 3's in China ($325-360M IMO). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

It's beaten IW handily in most countries. Based the numbers on that... 

I mean, it's definitely not "handily" since it's overall OS-C total will only be about 6-7% higher than IW's in the end. Specifically in SEA countries it has been quite a bit weaker than IW and EG. 

Using "like-minded" countries (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.) NWH numbers vs FFH numbers, it definitely points to a sub-IW number in China. 

Edited by RiddlerXXR
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

I mean, it's definitely not "handily" since it's overall OS-C total will only be about 6-7% higher than IW's in the end. Specifically in SEA countries it has been quite a bit weaker than IW and EG. 

Using "like-minded" countries (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.) NWH numbers vs FFH numbers, it definitely points to a sub-IW number in China. 

Restrictions were much more severe for NWH in SEA compared to rest of the world. You're comparison is not apples to apples, when comparing with IW.

23 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Restrictions were much more severe for NWH in SEA compared to rest of the world. You're comparison is not apples to apples, when comparing with IW.

I accounted for that. Even if you adjust the numbers upward by 20%, it still points to NWH in the 3’s in China.

16 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

I accounted for that. Even if you adjust the numbers upward by 20%, it still points to NWH in the 3’s in China.

I'm not saying you're wrong with predicting 300M+ for NWH in China, using SEA is not the best way to go about it.

29 minutes ago, druv10 said:
Est. international totals for Spider-Man: No Way Home through Sunday include:
U.K. - $120.1M
Mexico - $74.4M
S. Korea - $61.5M
France - $61.2M
Australia - $55.2M
Brazil - $53.8M
Russia - $46.0M
Germany - $45.1M
India - $36.2M
Japan - $29.7M
Spain - $29.6M

It doesn't happen often that Brazil isn't in the top 5 international markets for a superhero movie (especially excluding China), does anyone know why and if it still has a chanche to overtake Australia?

Edited by MG10

For what it's worth regarding China, NWH currently has a score of 7.9 on Maoyan. Not a huge sample size given the film wasn't officially released there, but this is much lower than either IW, EG, or FFH even. Combined with the data from Hong Kong and Taiwan, it does point to a similar underperformance relative to the rest of the world.

• Like 2