LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

9 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Do you think that $750M is locked with a $13M+ 6th weekend ?

The Force Awakens made 57m after it's 6th weekend, spiderman's 6th weekend will be higher than that of TFA. It has been holding a lot better the past few weeks + no competition so yeah it's easily locked. Avatar is the floor / worst case, a total of 775m

Obviously something like 770m could happen but I would say 780m is atleast as likely.

Edit: I took a look at TFA holds and they are pretty hard to beat, I do expect NWH to have a tad bit better holds but weekdays make it hard to earn a lot more than TFA. Matching it is where I am at, but woudn't be suprised if it did a bit better.

Edited by pepsa

On 12/10/2021 at 5:23 AM, CJohn said:

It should do around 1.1B WW without China. A strong result, considering it is the same FFH did with China and this time there is also a raging pandemic with a new variant destroying economies and causing lockdowns in Europe.

aged like milk....

On 11/30/2021 at 7:39 PM, RiddlerXXR said:

I don't think NWH has more hype than Endgame domestically either but it may still beat it with holiday legs.

If Omicron never came around, this may have happened. What might have been....

Oh well. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 8:58 PM, Product Driven Legion said:

Pretty insane that MCU do this shit 3 times with 3 different movies 3 years in a row (excluding 2020 for obvious reasons).

On 11/30/2021 at 9:36 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

It will be better when they do it 3 times in a year in 2022.

On 11/30/2021 at 9:59 PM, Product Driven Legion said:

"Do this shit"= 2B level of all markets normal. I think 0/3 2022, but if one breaks out will love it

Yeah very safe to say 0/3 2022s will be able to break into the 2018/2019/2021 trio level I suppose. Probably nothing will until A5, maybe not even that.

37 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Yeah very safe to say 0/3 2022s will be able to break into the 2018/2019/2021 trio level I suppose. Probably nothing will until A5, maybe not even that.

My goal for 'MCU 2022' is $3.3B - China. I believe they can go higher but that's my target. 

As for Avengers 5, I think it has to peak in the top 7 WW-C when it comes out or it's a fail (relatively speaking of course). As of today, that number would be $1.538B. Considering A5 won't be here until 2024 at the earliest, and more likely 2025; the number will probably need to be around NWH's final total. Below is the the first 4 with China. 

The Avengers = 3rd WW at peak 
Age of Ultron = 5th WW at peak 

Infinity War = 4th WW at peak 
Endgame = 1st WW at peak 

• Like 1