Cap

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread (December 2021 - July 2023)

21 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

@Porthos are you ready to do 99 days pre-sales count for F X?

Further cheering you up shows start at 2pm.

Since I can only leave one reaction on your actual post....

:WHATanabe::winomg::apocalypse::gold::kitschjob::gold::facepalm:

Spoiler

:sadfleck:

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

Since I can only leave one reaction on your actual post....

:WHATanabe::winomg::apocalypse::gold::kitschjob::gold::facepalm:

Reveal hidden contents

Wont be long now before Presales start a YEAR before the film opens! That's right, buy those Avatar 3 tickets for Xmas 2024 now before they sellout!!

I have to say this is one of those times Im actually kind of happy that Cineplex prolly won't put out presales till a month before.....mind you Im not holding my breath either....

Edited by Tinalera

Just now, Cap said:

You could just do it in waves, all. Track the first week, then go to like every other day or every four days until you hit like T-30

If I was tracking it, this is how I'd do it. Track the first day then just do it maybe Tues/Fri every week until a month out. It's not like we're gonna learn anything by tracking it 100 days. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cap said:

You could just do it in waves, all. Track the first week, then go to like every other day or every four days until you hit like T-30

Can't actually directly quote the post, but here is what I said back in '20 regarding F9's first run.

I got the seat counts super late last night, but I didn't make the actual seat charts until earlier today.  So all of this data is from the first day of sales.

All in all, not too bad for a film more than three and a half months away from debuting.

(side note... Really???)

I haven't checked but I figure that there's gonna be a Super Bowl commercial tomorrow so I plan on making an update tonight, tomorrow, and Monday.  After that we'll see how it goes but I think I'll make an update in this thread either once a week or once every two weeks.

What I ended up doing, IIRC, was:

Daily: First three or four days, or so.

Th/Su: Next couple of weeks.

Weekly: After the first month.

Might have shifted to semimonthly, except then the 'rona hit and everything went up in smoke.  FWIW, since it took no time at all, I did update my home sheet daily.  Just wasn't much point in posting daily updates here.

Have to go back and check to see just how often I did actually post totals here, but I reckon the above playbook should work (Daily ---> Th/Su ----> Weekly [----> Semimonthly if it gets too slow]).

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

Just now, GOGODanca said:

Is there even anything to compare it to that far out? Might as well wait until the earliest  something like jurassic world 3 started sales

No.  Theoretically could compare it to pre-sales of the original run of F9 which was 112 days, but no real point in comparing an aborted pre-sale run with an unknown total with an actual pre-sale pattern.

4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I mean that's the obvious way but what's the fun (/torment) in that

Oh well point taken. Never mind. I take back what I said. Track all the days boys. I will not accept anything less!!!

• Haha 2