Ezen Baklattan

Friday numbers (page 12) THG 12.7-12.9, AR 9.3, Titanic 7.1

Honestly I thought Titanic would be much bigger than it currently is. But I am actually kind of happy that it's not doing well cause it might force Hollywood to be a little more original. Everything these days is either a sequel or a remake, and the last thing we want is the addition of a new trend of releasing every old movie in 3D. So maybe now they can see that it's not necessarly easy money.

I totally agree!Just imagine it would make 200/400, we would drown in 3D re-release for years to come.Still I prefer re-releases to remakes and reboots. I hate it when they tamper with the original story.

I totally agree!Just imagine it would make 200/400, we would drown in 3D re-release for years to come.Still I prefer re-releases to remakes and reboots. I hate it when they tamper with the original story.

200 domestic was always crazy talk.

No one should shed any tears for AR's performance. It was the sequel nobody asked for.

Thank you! I`ve been saying it for so long. AP was about 30something highschoolers. This is about 40something 30somethings. Not as appealing.

Honestly I thought Titanic would be much bigger than it currently is. But I am actually kind of happy that it's not doing well cause it might force Hollywood to be a little more original. Everything these days is either a sequel or a remake, and the last thing we want is the addition of a new trend of releasing every old movie in 3D. So maybe now they can see that it's not necessarly easy money.

if underperforming re-releases prevent abomination that Shitto in 3D would be, I won`t begrudge the lack of interest.

Titanic and Star Wars underperforming would definitely make other studios think twice about this 3D re-release ploy (wonder how Universal now feel about Jurassic Park) but it's hard to imagine LOTR not giving it a try, particularly with The Hobbit set to remind people of the franchise.

If 3D is justified, the rereleases will do well. When it's animated, like TLK it'll make bank. B&TB was decent yet its recent blu ray release didn't help it. Titanic really had no reason to be 3D except maybe 30 minutes of the actual sinking. If I do see it in theaters, it will be the 2D version. LOTR would be justified, as 3D could do a lot with those films.

Titanic really had no reason to be 3D except maybe 30 minutes of the actual sinking.

People that say things like that don't get 3D. It's not just about spectacle or action, even a quiet scene, maybe more so, can shine in 3D.

People that say things like that don't get 3D. It's not just about spectacle or action, even a quiet scene, maybe more so, can shine in 3D.

Good point. I saw 15 minutes of the film yesterday and I was blown away by what Cameron did to make it 3D. The subtle shots are much more impressive than the grandiose ones. Making characters stand out in that extra dimension is what caught my eye.As for the numbers:WTF? Where are they?