Taylor

Scream VI (March 10, 2023)

39 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

94% verified RT with 100+ ratings, 95% among all audiences with 250+. Could this actually get an A- CS?!

Just hoping the   qngry neve fans don't review bomb iedit: 95 percent audience score 79 critics. 

Looking solid so far

Edited by screambaby

Just got out of Scream VI and really enjoyed it. It was a fun wild ride and exactly what I wanted out of a Scream movie. It isn't perfect and some moments are "eye rolly" but the film doesn't take itself too seriously.

A- 

Audience was pretty interactive with the film in a fun way. It was a really fun movie experience.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ky02121 said:

I enjoyed it more than the last one 

Same here. I haven't seen all of the Scream movies but this was a good follow up for Samantha's story. I was pleased to see a lot more of Jenna (Tara) in this one as well. I really loved Hayden (Kirby)'s return. I'm a little on the fence about the ending but it mostly worked for me. I wish they would commit to more deaths though. These movies have a habit of alluding to character deaths only for them to make it by the end.

Edited by poweranimals
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragoncaine said:

LET'S GOOOOOOOO

Loads of doom and gloom I n the tracking tread...it beat halloween ends preview number and that got 41 million with lousy word of mouth...can't wait to see full fidays total

Edited by screambaby

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Oh wow! I know it’s early, but $5.75m would be excellent. 

This fits in with Brazil previews alone being more than 5’s full opening day, Mexico increasing and France more than doubling opening day admissions. Excellent.

Heading for my second viewing now! 

7 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Oh wow! I know it’s early, but $5.75m would be excellent. 

This fits in with Brazil previews alone being more than 5’s full opening day, Mexico increasing and France more than doubling opening day admissions. Excellent.

Heading for my second viewing now! 

5.8 now

Edit 5.7

Edited by screambaby
  • Like 1

Yup, as expected, I loved it. I have a few quibbles here and there but overall thought it was really fun and incredibly suspenseful. The deaths were brutal, some even emotional—and they really sold the new core four here.

I was okay with them dialling back the meta aspect, what they did incorporate worked fine enough for me. 

The acting was solid all around—I agree with others that Melissa stepped it up. She sold her character, imo, especially in act three. TBH, didn't miss Sidney. It wouldn't have made sense for her to be here and I'm curious how she initially worked into the script. I was happy with the explanation they gave for her absence. Excited to see it again so I can properly rank it, but I think this is where it stands as of now:

Scream
Scream 4
Scream 6
Scream 2
Scream 5
Scream 3

But I genuinely enjoy all of them. What a consistent franchise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Yup, as expected, I loved it. I have a few quibbles here and there but overall thought it was really fun and incredibly suspenseful. The deaths were brutal, some even emotional—and they really sold the new core four here.

I was okay with them dialling back the meta aspect, what they did incorporate worked fine enough for me. 

The acting was solid all around—I agree with others that Melissa stepped it up. She sold her character, imo, especially in act three. TBH, didn't miss Sidney. It wouldn't have made sense for her to be here and I'm curious how she initially worked into the script. I was happy with the explanation they gave for her absence. Excited to see it again so I can properly rank it, but I think this is where it stands as of now:

Scream
Scream 4
Scream 6
Scream 2
Scream 5
Scream 3

But I genuinely enjoy all of them. What a consistent franchise.

Yeah I mean throw out the contract dispute...I've been hearing for over 20 years people saying 'let her have her happy ending' well her character finally has it. Not that I'm opposed to her coming back in 7 if it can be done.

I also like how gale told sam and Tara 'Sydney sends her love' it implies they all got close after the events of part 5...

Edited by screambaby
  • Like 1