Taylor

Scream VI (March 10, 2023)

48 minutes ago, Lucas said:

dip.png

Dipped a little but still pulling slightly ahead of where 5 was at this point, particularly with the average rating. Since it's so close they're probably going to hold out with marking it as certified fresh.

I don't get these stupid "critics". How can you give a negative review to this movie? Being positive but in a more mixed way, i get it. But negative? And having basic-M3gan with 90-94% and Smile 87%?! Ridiculous

9 minutes ago, Kyriacos said:

I don't get these stupid "critics". How can you give a negative review to this movie? Being positive but in a more mixed way, i get it. But negative? And having basic-M3gan with 90-94% and Smile 87%?! Ridiculous

Smile have 80% and a smaller average rating than Scream 6 

Now why you´re so mad about this? Even if it´s 40% this shouldn´t matter for your experience with the movie, but it´s being well received, what else do you want? 

M3GAN is a first movie, it´s something somewhat fresh. Scream is a nearly 30 year franchise, of course the standards will be different.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kyriacos said:

It’s just the addition of 2 rotten reviews and 1 fresh review, where the last update was 2 fresh, 1 rotten. 

It’ll be continuing to fluctuate for a good few days yet. 

14 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

This was Scream 2 all over again: lots of excellent set pieces overcompensating for quite a lame plot. Like with Scream 2, you have lots of padding with the main characters, which is great because they all have chemistry; unlike Scream 2, you don't have Laurie Metcalf working overtime to sell a really rushed and underdeveloped motive. The killer reveal in this is by far the lamest in the series.

I have really mixed views to be honest. I hope I like it more on repeat viewings.

Thanks for letting me know, boo. ❤️

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

This was Scream 2 all over again: lots of excellent set pieces overcompensating for quite a lame plot. Like with Scream 2, you have lots of padding with the main characters, which is great because they all have chemistry; unlike Scream 2, you don't have Laurie Metcalf working overtime to sell a really rushed and underdeveloped motive. The killer reveal in this is by far the lamest in the series.

I have really mixed views to be honest. I hope I like it more on repeat viewings.

Scream 2 is my favorite in the series. So it sounds like I'll end up really liking this one.

7 hours ago, Dragoncaine said:

Scream 2 is the 2nd-best entry in my book, so if VI comes anywhere near that, I'll be ecstatic

The order that 2, 4, 5 and 6 go in in terms of a ranking is, IMO, just based on preferences and small details.

They're all a very consistent quality.

• Like 2

This was heaps of fun. A proper roller coaster thrill ride. A mix of fresh things that made me giggle with giddy excitement but also elements that are tired and repetitive. 

Good

Huge improvements on characterisation. I’m in love with all of them, they really made you care, I was so invested.

Better directed, set pieces are bigger, more exciting and playful. 

FANTASTIC opening 

Brutal kills

Great Ghostface moments

Bad

Hayden was snoozing her way through this film

Weak/broad commentary. How much left is there to really say?

Definitely 2nd worst killer(s) behind Roman. 

Too much homage, feels like we’re seeing a repeat of the past with a fresh coat of paint. 

Again though it’s a real fun time at the movies and the strength of the characters and the set-pieces really carry you through the weaker aspects. I think I enjoyed it more than the last one even though it had less to say. It's kind of incredible the consistency in quality this series is able to maintain.

PS. Jenna Ortega and Samara Weaving are stars, they’re so magnetic. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Meh

I was at the fan event in the worst post converted 3D of all-time (we are truly once again in a post avatar world). Showed only 2 Paramount trailers, the Demi Lovato video and some dumb video messages and bits from the cast

1 > 2 > 5 > 6 > 4 > 3 ???

You and I have the exact same ranking of the first 5 films, so I'm curious to see where I land after I see VI tomorrow.

Also, early verified audience score is 97% with <50 and all audiences 95% with 100+

32 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

You and I have the exact same ranking of the first 5 films, so I'm curious to see where I land after I see VI tomorrow.

Also, early verified audience score is 97% with <50 and all audiences 95% with 100+

I was also mixed on 5. I think this has much higher highs (I liked the opening) but overall feels rushed and messy. The least funniest which is strange because the humor works a lot here.  It is also recognizing franchise tropes without any satirical aspirations-- almost as an admission of guilt and laziness. Not sure what it's trying to do/say other than point out the excessive nature of rebooted sequels, which it occasionally manages to pull off with some nifty setpieces (though, I thought the trailer spoiled too much)

24 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I was also mixed on 5. I think this has much higher highs (I liked the opening) but overall feels rushed and messy. The least funniest which is strange because the humor works a lot here.  It is also recognizing franchise tropes without any satirical aspirations-- almost as an admission of guilt and laziness. Not sure what it's trying to do/say other than point out the excessive nature of rebooted sequels, which it occasionally manages to pull off with some nifty setpieces (though, I thought the trailer spoiled too much)

I never saw the second trailer 😎😎😎 I think I'm set!

• Thanks 1