filmlover

94th Academy Awards Discussion Thread | WHAT JUST HAPPENED

Well, at least we got the acting clips back this year.

I'm pretty damn stoked to see our first openly LGBTQ+ acting winner in Ariana DeBose (as in: first winner who was out at the time of their win). Definitely a deserved win for the spin she put on such an iconic role.

WHOA WHOA WHOA... I'm sure I missed this after not paying a lick of attention to red carpet stuff, but Timothee Chalamet rocking the open shirt is a fantastic choice. I like it almost as much as Kristen Stewart showing up in shorts.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I'm a touch late here but I may have to stan Timothee for that outfit choice.

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

WHOA WHOA WHOA... I'm sure I missed this after not paying a lick of attention to red carpet stuff, but Timothee Chalamet rocking the open shirt is a fantastic choice. I like it almost as much as Kristen Stewart showing up in shorts.

See @filmlover, I'm not crazy!

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

We're only 33 minutes into the show and so far we've had two awards and a bunch of material that seems like it was rejected from SNL skits. Great use of time, Academy/ABC.

The "Covid test" skit went on too long for sure. A fun quick idea which refused to stop.

Damn the Academy is loving on DUNE. Really hope we get of these mega budget non-comic book film epics in coming years. 

Fraser just won, ensuring he will now win 2 in a row due to THE BATMAN.