baumer

Weekend Numbers (THG 33.5, AR 21.4, Titanic 17.3)

Well, I'm going for the day...thank god i have a funeral to go to today. It would be unbearable around here with THG falling so little.

But just know that THG is one of the worst films to come out this year. It was incompetently directed, poorly written, amateurishly photographed and the only good thing about it is some of the acting. But it's rushed, makes no sense to those of us who have not read the books and it's just flat out a mess.

Twilight, Shrek, Transformer and most other 300 mill films are at least well made and entertaining. This piece of crap is just hogwash. Enjoy your day and your crappy movie.

Clam down this is how I feel about basically every other blockbuster. Twilight, Transformers, POTC, Avatar, Shierk, ect all boring movies. Nothing good about them.

You could say Titanic was unoriginal. A forbidden love story, tragedy occurs, historical setting but it still an amazing movie.

I do not understand why everybody is in a such a bad movie about Titanic OW of the rerelease it made600,000m on it first run over 10 years ago. Only 1 movie has passed since. Dear fucking God it made a shit loads of money on first run. Titanic won't be passed until Avatar 2. It will most likely will not be until 2018 until a non James Cameron film pass it. So it going to take over 20 years for a non James Cameron move to pass it. I guess 600,000m is not enough for all of you.

You should at least take some solace in knowing THG's success as a movie is almost entirely from its perfect timing at the books height of popularity...it's not a success because of the movie itself, but from its fans and the book (same as twilight though).

I totally agree the perfect timing of book popularity and film has caused it to be the huge hit that it is*, but the strong critic reviews and cinemascore/WOM suggests that it is a good film. It's far far more deserving than Twilight imo.

Though I still feel that doesn't quite explain why the film is this huge.

Edited by boredisboring

Twilight, Shrek, Transformer and most other 300 mill films are at least well made and entertaining. This piece of crap is just hogwash. Enjoy your day and your crappy movie.

Actually, me and my sister had fun watching New Moon and mocking the bad acting and stupid scenes, like Bella screaming endlessly. Bad films CAN be entertaining.

Actually, me and my sister had fun watching New Moon and mocking the bad acting and stupid scenes, like Bella screaming endlessly. Bad films CAN be entertaining.

My girlfriend and I did that to New Moon just the other night :lol:

I had a lot of fun seeing GL with my friends.

John Carters problem is...its not good or bad. It just seems mediocre so there is no reason to see it. A forgettable movie

Exactly. It isn`t a must see for good or bad. So note to studios - vanilla heroes in the desert (KoH, PoP, JC) + big budget = megaflop

Opening weekend - I thought it was meh, 6/10. Not for me, but it got an A cinemascore so it's pleasing it's fanbase.Two weeks later, THG is an enormous success - Crap movie without a single original idea.- Baumer, who likes to form his own opinion and not be influenced by anything else..

Edited by ddddeeee

Oh Baumer. Whenever he's not talking about how opinion is subjective and how not every movie is made for you he's throwing his opinion around like it's fact.

agreed not every movie is made for everybody. Everybody has different taste.

Opening weekend - I thought it was meh, 6/10. Not for me, but it got an A cinemascore so it's pleasing it's fanbase.Two weeks later, THG is an enormous success - Crap movie without a single original idea.- Baumer, who likes to form his own opinion and not be influenced by anything else..

Baumer being Baumer :lol: